Ups Working Termination?

Christmas

Hahahha Shocks you are a bitter one indeed. Apparentley god hasnt graced you at all. Apparentley you still live in your basement, playing dugeons and dragons, mommy still makes your bed and whip's your ass, and the doctor wont prescribe you anything for your acne. I kinda wished that girl would have knocked you out. People like you make me sick. Big talker you are.:biting:

sonic s

Working termination: The company can only terminate for cardinal sins infractions. Your misloading of packages is not a cardinal sin(except to the drivers that have to shag them off), therefor they must take you to a panel hearing and try to trminate you that way. It will take them months, depending on how many panel hearings your area holds, and unless you have pissed off your union reps, the panel will deadlock, and then they will need to get an arbitrator to agree with them to discharge you. It's the companies way of getting your attention.

Is there a list of these "cardinal sins" anywhere? I'd like to look it over.

JonFrum

Is there a list of these "cardinal sins" anywhere? I'd like to look it over.
Look in your Supplement.

Here's the list from the New England Supplement . . .
ARTICLE 59 --- DISCHARGE OR SUSPENSION
The employer shall not discharge or suspend any employee without just cause but, in respect to discharge or suspension, shall give at least one warning notice of the complaint against such employee to the employee personally, or in writing, and a copy of the same to the Union affected except that no warning notice need be given to an employee before he is discharged if the cause of such is dishonesty or drunkenness or drinking during working hours (including lunch time and/or break periods), recklessness resulting in a serious accident while on duty or the use or possession of illegal drugs or the carrying of unauthorized passengers. . . .
ARTICLE 57 --- SENIORITY
Section 6 --- Loss of Seniority
(a) Seniority shall be broken only by:
(1) Discharge.
(2) Voluntary quit.
(3) Failure to respond to notice of recall as specified in Section 4 (g) of this Article for regular work seven (7) consecutive days after receiving notice or by mutual agreement.
(4) Unauthorized Leave of Absence.
(5) Unauthorized failure to report for work for three (3) consecutive days when working and on the seniority list.
(6) Layoff in excess of six (6) years.
(b) Any employee who is absent because of proven illness shall maintain his seniority.

IEpuke

I have 30 preloaders and I ask that they have a misload frequency of 1/4000. Most exceed this and can go months without a misload. I research each called in misload and do not count "cuts not moved." If a preloader needs help, the helper uses a red pencil to cross off the PAL label. I am blessed with an excellent dispatch sup that typically only moves 30 to 50 packages after 8:00am. I reward the people that can go a month without a misload and talk with, work with, and coach people that are below 1/4000. If they fall below 1/2000 then they start to feel some pain. I do keep in mind their overall history. One month does not make or break a preloader. We as a team (both hourly and mngt) work to make sure our service puts our company in a position to be successful.

My job is to give each person a chance to be successful....

Bkthack... hang in there, ask for your histrory, hold the mngt team accountable to review each misload with you.