UPSers, hows your peak?

drewed

Shankman
So today I was checking to see if my check had be deposited on upsers....and well I saw a headline that asked how your peak was going, I knew I wasnt going to contribute but they were offering a dvd player and someother stuff so Id thought Id check out some of the stuff that people put up...and I was rolling within minutes of the stuff UPS allowed to put up, from denied comp claims (not laughing at the situation just that UPS would allow it put up) poor planning, crumby weather...and of course theres the UPSers that go above and beyond...

So its an interesting read if you got a couple minutes take some time and read some of them.

Mike Hawk

Worst peak ever, got chewed out 5 times because someone had a X-mas gift waiting in one of our EC trailers that they won't open. The stupid thing is they will take any routes they don't have enough drivers to run(no peak drivers) and put them in an "EC" trailer, 4 routes today, plus 90% of the air plus what got left in the building. My drivers can only deliver 70-80 stops each before pickups but they get sent out with 250-400, my P7 had 650 freaking pieces, he will deliver a fraction and they will be there tomorrow. Midnight start time, preload will only start at 2 ish after we finish the local sorts job. Can't wait to come in tomarrow to try to fit 1500 pieces into 3 trucks and hope they deliver it wit 5 more inches of snow tonight.

I have been gone for 23 years and I have just joined this group. I see that nothing has changed in all this time.

I have thought about all you guys out there these past few weeks that has been nothing but rain, snow, sleet, freeze. All I can say is that it is warm and toasty in the house by the fire when you get too old to do this anymore or your knees wear out, which ever comes first.

It will be over soon and Here wishing you all a Merry Christmas and some much needed rest in the days to come.

Linda

8Years2Go

Worst peak in 20 years!
Granted the checks were great, job security, yatta yatta yatta! However it was the worst planned, no rentals, no extra drivers, most over-time in over 20 years and 5:00 Christmas Eve. God bless us, everyone!