Upstate is not perfect after all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a residential wine delivery on the former AFB yesterday. It was the second day for the package. I am very familiar with this area and would have bet my paycheck that I was at the right house. Well......turns out I was not at the right house because the consignee called asking where his wine was. The OMS sent me a message and I insisted that the consignee had received the pkg and described the consignee to her and mentioned that there was a blue pickup truck in the driveway. My center manager pulled me aside this morning and told me the wine was still missing and asked me to follow up on it. I am glad that I noticed the blue pickup as it was still in the driveway--problem was, it was the wrong driveway. I recovered the pkg., reattempted at the correct address and, you guessed it, no one was home. I will retry later on today as I will be close to that area while making my pickups.

I have been practicing my "Sir, I am very sorry...." speech in my head ever since I realized that I had screwed up.

Turns out I am human after all. Dave.

P

pickup

A word of advice for you Upstate, stop considering betting your paycheck on events and happenings.

klein

Für Meno :)
Just tell the customer it's part of the new "My Choice" option and you have signed up for it.
As in "My Choice" you can leave it anywhere YOU CHOSE.

That excuse will also work great when you face the boss tomorrow morning at the center.

old levi's

blank space
I had a residential wine delivery on the former AFB yesterday. It was the second day for the package. I am very familiar with this area and would have bet my paycheck that I was at the right house. Well......turns out I was not at the right house because the consignee called asking where his wine was. The OMS sent me a message and I insisted that the consignee had received the pkg and described the consignee to her and mentioned that there was a blue pickup truck in the driveway. My center manager pulled me aside this morning and told me the wine was still missing and asked me to follow up on it. I am glad that I noticed the blue pickup as it was still in the driveway--problem was, it was the wrong driveway. I recovered the pkg., reattempted at the correct address and, you guessed it, no one was home. I will retry later on today as I will be close to that area while making my pickups.

I have been practicing my "Sir, I am very sorry...." speech in my head ever since I realized that I had screwed up.

Turns out I am human after all. Dave.

All of our wine deliveries are sig. req. 21.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I work in the same district. I have never been allowed to release any wine delivery w/o a sig. Being in the Land of Summering, we deliver a lot of wine.

bbsam

Staff member
If it makes you feel better, Upstate, I never considered you even close to infallible. Had you placed right about the "Klein" and "moreluck" level on a scale of accuracy. :wink2::peaceful:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Not trying to be a jerk/hero, but I just chatted with my center manager(just posed the question). He said that, yes we need sig, but, sometimes, the shipper doesn't request sig, so the board doesn't prompt. So, in other words, it's possible to make a mistake if you are in a hurry.

DorkHead

If the shipper does not use "Adult signature Required" when they create the shipment of wine, then they are breaking the law.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The package was signed for and the signature clarified. I thought nothing of it until I got the ODS message. Thank goodness I noticed the blue pickup truck in the driveway. Recovered the package, reattempted, no one home, called the consignee and arranged to deliver it to him at his job. Made delivery and apologized for the incovenience. He accepted apology. Spoke to center manager who told me to double check next time.

705red

Browncafe Steward
This is almost as bad as starting a thread/poll asking if a poster should leave!!!!

Some people take their internet situation a little toooooooooooo serious. Just saying.

Big Babooba

So you screwed up. It happens to the best of us. When I retire I have one hell of a story to tell you! (I laugh about it now but back then I was ****ting in my pants)