Upstate is not perfect after all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm thinking that it's possible that he, in his usual know-it-all fashion, fueled by his irrational hatred for send agains, forged the signature at the original point of misdelivery.
Adult signature over 21 packages have a DIAD prompt instructing us confirm the consignee and their age.
Of course he'll never admit it.
Either way, I find it hard to believe, that neither he or the original signer noticed that the name on the package was not for that address.

Nice try, Bubbles. The signature was not forged. The delivery was made according to the methods. The person who signed for the package was clearly over the age of 21 and knew what she was signing for. I just happened to be at the wrong address. Package was recovered and redelivered to the consignee at his place of employment, along with a sincere apology for his inconvenience.

Johney

I'll ask this. How far off was your mis-delivery? A house or two or more? My DIAD squeals when I'm more than four houses from the correct address.

Borderline 9.5

Nice try, Bubbles. The signature was not forged. The delivery was made according to the methods. The person who signed for the package was clearly over the age of 21 and knew what she was signing for. I just happened to be at the wrong address. Package was recovered and redelivered to the consignee at his place of employment, along with a sincere apology for his inconvenience.

Glad to see everything worked out. I believe the method that was not followed in this instance, was to verify the address on the way to the get the signature. It happens.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The package was signed for and the signature clarified. I thought nothing of it until I got the ODS message. Thank goodness I noticed the blue pickup truck in the driveway. Recovered the package, reattempted, no one home, called the consignee and arranged to deliver it to him at his job. Made delivery and apologized for the incovenience. He accepted apology. Spoke to center manager who told me to double check next time.
I was taught to verify house address against shipping label as I am walking up to the door. :wink2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'll ask this. How far off was your mis-delivery? A house or two or more? My DIAD squeals when I'm more than four houses from the correct address.
Not everyone has this feature. We don't because our center doesn't have the space for the computer.

rod

Retired 22 years

That can't be 100% reliable. If you punch in my address on Mapquest, Yahoo Maps, MSN Maps or most any of the other direction sites it will lead you to one of 2 different places- depending on what site you are on-------------------both of which are wrong.

Johney

I didn't mean to say it was perfect, sorry for that impression. Like Bubble said mine will tell me I'm at the wrong address(when I'm not) sometimes too. Makes me do a double take,DIAD,package,address,then repeat too make sure I'm where I'm supposed to be.

over9five

Staff member
I remember days when that damn wrong address alarm would go off every single stop all day long.

Made me long for 50 pkgs/page.

HomeDelivery

That can't be 100% reliable. If you punch in my address on Mapquest, Yahoo Maps, MSN Maps or most any of the other direction sites it will lead you to one of 2 different places- depending on what site you are on-------------------both of which are wrong.

ugh, i hated addresses like that where any internet map as well as the system's mapping software doesn't plot your address correctly

in this case, you should use the 2nd line of your address forms to note the closest intersecting street:

Rod UPSer
123 ups street
brown house by xxx ave.
City, State, zip

Coldworld

60 months and counting

you didnt follow the methods since you took the package to the persons work....and the package was suppose to go to the consignees house. The wine package cannot be delivered anywhere except the address on the package...so you friend'ed up twice...your lucky you only received a little "im disappointed in you upstate..you let the customer down" talk; some drivers would probably be taken out of service from their a hole mgt team.

bigbrownhen

We have all made this mistake at least once. In my area, we have several houses that look alike on streets that look the same and have similar names. Pinehill, oakhill, maplehill...stuff like that, house numbers all the same. Come on.....it happens. He admitted the screw up, fixed it. Met the customer to make service on pkg that day so it wasn't delayed any longer. That is called customer service......something this company needs to appreciate more.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We have a trailerhood that has been put on the 'NO DR' list. I had 2 empty dish return boxes for a customer in the trailerhood the other day. Of course the customer wasn't home and I couldn't see my way to bringing these back as send agains. I signed "empty dish boxes", clarified "empty dish boxes" and left them at the customers door. I told my OR what I did. He said, "Thank you.". :happy-very:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We have all made this mistake at least once. In my area, we have several houses that look alike on streets that look the same and have similar names. Pinehill, oakhill, maplehill...stuff like that, house numbers all the same. Come on.....it happens. He admitted the screw up, fixed it. Met the customer to make service on pkg that day so it wasn't delayed any longer. That is called customer service......something this company needs to appreciate more.

Ups pays us industry leading pay and health and welfare benefits...to not screw up(can you guess where Ive heard that before on a few different posts). I know there are some sections of ups that care about customer service but operations is NOT one of them..never have never will.