Urban Meyer

oldngray

nowhere special
Not yours ... Oldngray, maybe! :wink-very:
The Big 10 sent some weak teams to bowl games that didn't deserve it ($$$). It was definitely a down year for the conference but things are cyclical and I think it has bottomed out. As also SEC has peaked and will be on a down swing for the near future. It does suck for this year, yes. And Meyer had better find a defense if he hopes of winning any championships (fire Fickel would be a good start). Michigan State had OSU's old defensive coordinator and they have the best defense (arguably) in the country.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just wait mister sec. You'll see
I'm not an SEC fan ... if any conference, then maybe ACC since I went to GaTech and grew up 40 miles from FSU.
Duke is my favorite basketball team - I may watch them once every couple years.
GA Tech is my favorite baseball team.
I don't watch any other college sports.

Only Pro team I follow is the Braves although I have not been to a game in over 15 years.
I do watch probably a hundred Braves games on TV a year though.

GO BRAVES - Bobby Cox, Glavine and Maddux elected to the MLB Hall of Fame.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Told you so
Impressive win last night. I can not believe Ohio state is doing it with their 3rd string qb. If they run the ball like they did against bama they might pull it off.

Oregon is just scary good on offense though. They are the type of team you could hold to 10 points for 3 quarters and they end up with 40.

Brownslave688

I'm interested in what the Ohio state fans think about the Michigan hire?

I hope both stay at their schools for a long time. It'll be a blood bath year in and out.

Brownslave688

That was a great hire for Michigan. Harbaugh wins wherever he goes. Under rated coach no doubt.
Yeah but you really just never know. In some aspects I think building a Stanford is easier than rebuilding a Michigan.

At standford or somewhere like it you're given plenty of time and leeway. You are looking for unnoticed high school kids.

At Michigan every move is under a microscope. He will be expected to win big within 3-4 years tops. All while Ohio state and Michigan state are recruiting kids saying come win now not 4 years from now.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah but you really just never know. In some aspects I think building a Stanford is easier than rebuilding a Michigan.

At standford or somewhere like it you're given plenty of time and leeway. You are looking for unnoticed high school kids.

At Michigan every move is under a microscope. He will be expected to win big within 3-4 years tops. All while Ohio state and Michigan state are recruiting kids saying come win now not 4 years from now.
Hit the nail right on the head dude. I do think he will do really well pretty quickly but your right theres big expectations quick in Michigan that's for sure.

Brownslave688

I like it. It goes along with the whole big ten feel good story. It's coming back and in a big way.
Hiring urban Meyer has forced the entire conference to evolve. They are still a few steps behind but that's why ohio state hasn't lost a conference game in 3+ years