urgent: Edison hub NJ phone number?

M

macgirl

I'm sick and have to call out for today. but i'm new and i don't know the HR phone number. Does anyone here know the number for edison nj hub?
what should i do?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I'm sick and have to call out for today. but i'm new and i don't know the HR phone number. Does anyone here know the number for edison nj hub?
what should i do?

You dont have the # of a co-worker, center, etc? Just go in and tell them you're sick and leave if worse comes to worse. Don't no call-no show. Do it now so you give mgmt some notice.

helenofcalifornia

Good advice Mac girl. No call-no shows a very, very, very, bad if you don't have seniority. You could always call the "1-800-PICK UPS" phone number and see if they would relay the message, but it is Friday and it is kinda suspicious since it is Friday....
How sick are you? And how bad do you want the job?

sx2700

Banned
Good advice Mac girl. No call-no shows a very, very, very, bad if you don't have seniority. You could always call the "1-800-PICK UPS" phone number and see if they would relay the message, but it is Friday and it is kinda suspicious since it is Friday....
How sick are you? And how bad do you want the job?

Hmmm.....we had a guy no call/no show for over 2 weeks and he still has a job.

959Nanook

My first day of my first time covering for a driver on vacation ... I left my cell phone (with all my saved numbers for Supervisor's Cell and Manager's Cell) at home and the On Car Supervisor was delivering the dump route since I was covering a bid route so no one was at the center to receive DIAD messages ... I locked my keys in the back of the truck ... 1-800-PICK-UPS ... "I'm a rookie driver and I need to speak with management in Anchorage, Alaska because I locked my keys in the back of my truck and my Supervisor is on road in Fairbanks."

On a serious note, definitely get the number from them before they transfer you because it may get dropped and that way you have the number for future reference (I keep a copy of important phone numbers on the back of my pad of Info Notices in case my phone dies or I forget it again).

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Last week was my first week of work - I was not assigned an employee number till Friday. I was told to just be sure to check in with sup when I came in, which I did 15 minutes early each day (brown-noser that I am)

EACH day last week, 3 minutes after shift start, my cell phone would ring, and a UPSer would ask me where I was, I was supposed to be at work. Each Day I explained that I had no employee number yet, I checked in with my Sup.

By Friday, I was to the point of telling the person who called "wheream I? I'm sweating my ass off in one of your trucks!"

Friday after shift, I had an employee number, and a letter on file from my super saying I was 15 minutes early each day.