usa to china transfer

I am moving to China to live with my soon to be wife and I was wondering if it is possible for me to transfers to a hub near where we will be living.

J

jibbs

Does it really even matter how we met. Do you know if the transfers is possible.

No, it's just fun to speculate when you haven't got anything important to do.

I believe an international transfer is possible, but I'm in the dark as to the likelihood of it happening and what you need to do to make it happen.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Does it really even matter how we met. Do you know if the transfers is possible.

You should contact HR but I doubt UPS allows hourlys international transfers, especially to China (heck, they only allow domestic transfers for educational purposes). We don't even know your job classification... if you're a driver, driving conditions are significantly different in China than the USA (there's a reason why USA-based companies basing American employees in China hires cars for them & refuses to let them drive on their own).

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I doubt they'll allow a transfer, but you may be able to strike an arrangement in which you quit & are hired as a new employee in China. This probably won't matter much since I doubt the Teamsters have organized the Chinese workforce, and I doubt you'll see wages comparable to what you're making in the USA.

You'd probably do better by looking for a new job in China. Many USA-based companies seek Americans willing to work in China, and get paid in US dollars, for various reasons. No education required!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
usa to china teansfer

Imagine the working conditions in a Chinese ups facility?!?! After more thought, I bet they are better than conditions in the US

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They do job transfers to Asia all the time, ask anyone who worked in customer service, billing, uniform manufacturing/design.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lets hope so. If my wife moves to china she will be doing so alone. If she moved anywhere it would be alone. Maybe I'm just too stubborn who knows.

trickpony1

Has the OP put alot of thought into this and maybe even talked to an attorney that specializes in family law?
Just a thought.........

barnyard

KTM rider
Have you looked into if you can even legally work in China???? Seems they already have a few people there that already talk the talk.

I would think your smarter bet would be to learn Chinese and then teach Engrish.