Use of PVD outside of peak

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
The last 18 months have been hard on everybody. I’m hoping this provides the backdrop for extra motivation come vote time.
@BigUnionGuy @542thruNthru you guys hearing anything about early negotiation premise? What’s our big goal? I know all we can talk about is no forced 6th punch. My BA thinks we could possibly get it into our rider because our area has been trashed since covid…..but he’s not confident about the national.

542thruNthru

The last 18 months have been hard on everybody. I’m hoping this provides the backdrop for extra motivation come vote time.
@BigUnionGuy @542thruNthru you guys hearing anything about early negotiation premise? What’s our big goal? I know all we can talk about is no forced 6th punch. My BA thinks we could possibly get it into our rider because our area has been trashed since covid…..but he’s not confident about the national.
6 day punch is a issue but not as wide spread as 22.4s. I doubt it would be added to the NMA. Most supplements have the Workweek/Workday language in them excluding 22.4s.

I know I'll be on everyone I can in my local to put in proposals for better workweek protection and holiday protection.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Apathy. Vets not schooling young ones just trying to lay low and max out Peer. So many newbs don’t know any names. No get togethers like the past. Also union has less accountability when membership not engaged. As long as Friday paper comes...... Forgot- Tech directing cardboard makes us dummer, which is what they want.
Apathy comes from lack of confidence in leadership.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I will say that every low senority driver has in my building has learned that apathy towards the contract gets us bent over. The text threads and pre pcm meetings in the locker room and parking lot with 95% of drivers in attendance have been really cool to be a part of. We are banding together. Even the 22.4’s are just so overworked they are less concerned with rocking the boat now. So many just quit. And the ones that stay, god bless them; it’s still 55 hours every week for those poor dudes.
our 22.4 are fricken troopers over here, all but 1 hanging on for their first year or more on the job. (almost) all of them working nice and slow except for that one dude, screw him. The center has maxed out 22.4 hires and is refusing to hire any more at this point.

cachmeifucan

I would like a better pension. Ours is worth 108 per year and if you hit 30 ft years they give a extra 600 a month. How much is your pension worth.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I would like a better pension. Ours is worth 108 per year and if you hit 30 ft years they give a extra 600 a month. How much is your pension worth.

I remember talking to a member in the Chicago area (L705/L710) back in “94”, he showed me a pension print out that stated 100 dollars per credit year, 30 and out full time 3,000...back then that was pretty decent.

Are your part timers under a separate pension and how are those years counted when you retire?

I am in the Central Conference...

No sure but someone told me if you dont work the 5 years before your eligible to collect social security you dont get anything. I wonder how much ss il get at 62. Not waiting until 67.
Social security is based on your best 35 years of earnings. Every year you delay your social security from age 62 to age 70 you get approximately an 8% increase in your benefit

Last edited: