Used a DIAD for the first time today

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My first time using DIAD1 was on a Saturday. I would leave the building early in a P1000 to go to the airport; where I was required to do my building's sort & load. Then transport all the parcels back to the building. Well , this one Sat. they held a class to show all the other drivers how the darn thing worked. I was able to see the last 3 minutes of that class. As usual , I went out solo while everyone else had a mgt ride along. I just start my route in Lower Mills ( the most southern part of the Sat runs ) and I get a message to call in. An IE and Air Driver are in downtown Boston and the darn machine is frozen. So I fly back into Boston , find them , hit a couple of buttons { I really had no idea what I was doing } and their DIAD was working again. It took me 15 minutes to get to them but 45 minutes to get back to my route.

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Oh, on Day one my guy freaked out , since our selected parcel was not removed at the airport, we had to drive to Watertown ( MA ) to find it. As we approached the building , all the drivers were walking in wearing their browns { our contract said we could wear the outfits home } it just blew his mind.
Actually during early negotiations with the local ,The question was asked if UPS would be paying the drivers to change in and out of their uniforms, UPS said no. So the Local said ok, they'll just wear them to & from work.