Using DEX 010 ~ inspection required

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Welp, I had a resis pickup this Saturday...

DSC_0023.JPG

A friggin' Wal-Mart porch swing set delivered by ground a day or two ago.

images

Dude, don't be afraid to use DEX 010

or pull that damaged item off your truck before you head out.

DSC_0022.JPG

Granted, your truck may have been bricked out & u didn't noticed it, but you shouldn't have driver release this... the paint was scratched, prone to rust in no time. Plus the fabric was compromised so it will fall apart if a fatso decides to use the swing

Sighs, do others use the code?

I had a leaking box of chewy once... smelled like fish oil, probably cat food. I applied DEX 010, and double bagged it to avoid spills to the other boxes & moved on.

With say thee, other drivers?

It will be fine

View attachment 203334

images

View attachment 203336

Granted, your truck may have been bricked out & u didn't noticed it, but you shouldn't have driver release this... the paint was scratched, prone to rust in no time. Plus the fabric was compromised so it will fall apart if a fatso decides to use the swing

I had a leaking box of chewy once... smelled like fish oil, probably cat food. I applied DEX 010, and double bagged it to avoid spills to the other boxes & moved on.

Not my problem. I deliver whatever FedEx puts on my trucks, it’s up to them to police the condition of those boxes. A lot of the big furniture shippers want them delivered even with apparent damage, they’d rather ship a few replacement parts than the whole item again.

OrioN

Since I preload my own truck, this would have been left behind... the main parts are damaged.

I don't load boxes that looks like accordions too. Make qa clerks repackage it as I deal with the rest of my cargo...

Sure I tape up those chewy and other boxes as I load them, I'm customer driven that way.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Since I preload my own truck, this would have been left behind... the main parts are damaged.

I don't load boxes that looks like accordions too. Make qa clerks repackage it as I deal with the rest of my cargo...

Sure I tape up those chewy and other boxes as I load them, I'm customer driven that way.
At Express, unless it is prohibited, or presents a danger to the driver, it goes onroad. The choice to accept or decline is the recipient's, not the driver's.

OrioN

I have limited space as is & finished the route with a clean plate most days.

Sure, I can bring it to the customers home, then use DEX 006 (refused ~ choose a reason on the drop-down menu) & will get credit for the stop... hates taking them for a round trip ride though.

I'll start doing so if I am not bricked out (shrugs)

Purplepackage

At Express, unless it is prohibited, or presents a danger to the driver, it goes onroad. The choice to accept or decline is the recipient's, not the driver's.

That’s mostly true, but I’ve definitely had leaking boxes of lobsters that I’ve told my manager I wouldn’t take out. The solution to that is they just make a part timer take it out lol

OrioN

That's just ice melting...bag it, making sure that barcode label stays dry. perishable items go out same day.

Unless it's smells like it's rotting, then it gets left on the belt for qa clerks

bacha29

View attachment 203334

images

View attachment 203336

On 2 separate occasions I had big boxes of bloody frozen wild turkey hides shipped by Charlie Redneck and Billy Joe Sixpack good ol boys from down Old Fart way. By the time I got there they were thawing out , stinking beyond description with blood running under the bulk head door and down the door steps, dripping onto the floor.
Another time I had a bed designed for an invalid/handicapped person . They claimed that it weighed the magical 149lbs...yea right. it was clearly damaged beyond repair but I was told to attempt to deliver . Dragged it off the truck down through the snow to the guys house showed him what was wrong and of course he refused it. What does the terminal do? Of course they would try to bandage it up make it look different and ordered me to go through the same process again. Again the guy simply wasn't going to have X force a now useless piece of junk onto him.
There are simply no limits to how far ground will go to get out of having to pay a claim.

These a just two of the countless examples of the profound difference in the quality of the daily work experience between an Express letter carrier
and the human Towmotor known as the Ground delivery driver.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That’s mostly true, but I’ve definitely had leaking boxes of lobsters that I’ve told my manager I wouldn’t take out. The solution to that is they just make a part timer take it out lol
The only time I won those 'disagreements' with management was 1) Inspection of leaking box disclosed it was full of liquor (illegal shipment), and 2) Shipper clearly stated on package that if damaged, do not deliver (meds in styrofoam container).

Otherwise, just quote Policy. I've refused overweight (175#) and won. I've refused Radioactive in drums with dented chimes, and won. But I've had to take out shattered glass, shredded fabric, even empty boxes... because it's not our right to decide for the recipient what is or is not acceptable.

But that's Express. The Value Code we were trained to follow doesn't seem to extend to other opcos.

Star B

White Lightening
We have a few places that are on our "Never a late box" list. In other words, if it's perishable and it's a WDL, just leave it at the station because they're going to refuse it anyway.

OrioN

When I see a damaged box... "would I want that to be delivered to my own home?"

Nope, I'm DEX 010 it & leaving it on the belt.

It's up to my bc to tell management why I didn't load it on my delivery vehicle...

On a separate note, I've seen a rare DEX 081... driver refused.

Customer refusal of the particular driver to step on his property. So it gets transferred to the Ground driver instead of home delivery

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
When I see a damaged box... "would I want that to be delivered to my own home?"

Nope, I'm DEX 010 it & leaving it on the belt.
If this is the criteria you are using, are you also willing to reimburse the guaranteed on-time shipping charges out of YOUR pocket?

Didn't think so.

OrioN

Lol, this is a ground discussion, not express

No on time deliveries. If it's damaged, it's getting sent back

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
just to let you guys know. I'm a retired feeder driver from UPS but we have the best FedEX ground driver in our neighborhood. actually a lot better than the UPS package driver who throws the boxes etc. The Fedex driver has never delivered a damage package to us and we get deliveries once or twice a week.

I talk to the fedex guy all the time and give him gatorade and snacks. he treats us great .and he is always telling me he loves his job. at first i thought he was bsing me but after getting to know him , he genuinely does love his job.

i liked feeder for the most part but never "loved" my job. the day i could retire , I did.