Using personal days for a vacation week?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by KevinW, Jan 10, 2017.

1. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Do you know the difference....

Between a brown nose, and a kiss arse ??

Depth perception.

:biggrin:

-Bug-

2. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

I agree.

It's not a side deal. UPS has to approve or deny all personal days off. The staffing allowed for the OP to use his personal days. They were approved, and I would hope that the OP isn't an exception, that UPS would do this for anyone.

Like Bug said, it should apply to everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Like I said. Just as long as no one ahead of him gets denied.

4. BigUnionGuy

And, like I said....

Affected members, have access to the grievance procedure.

-Bug-

5. Yes I know. But you also know how fast they don't like to hear them

6. BigUnionGuy

Vote for me.

7. Sure. Just as long as your name isn't Hoffa

8. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

Be sure not to miss any before your week, or, if you do use the extra sick day you have. In the Southern they can use option days towards any absense you have.

In my building it was entirely up to the PT supervisor who entered payroll and they almost always charged me an option day for any day I missed. Other guys who were buddies with that supervisor would simply be scheduled off and keep their option days in the bank for other days they needed off. This may be the procedure everywhere.

9. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Contractually, that is how option and personal days work. By seniority.

Yes they do.

10. I'm we aware of that but no supervisor is going to grant days months ahead of time without knowing who else is going to ask for any of those days off.

11. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

You would be surprised at what they do for PTers to keep them around. Do you realize how many areas cannot maintain the PT workforce in enough numbers to keep sorts going without sups working?

And, contractually, they only have to let a certain number of employees off on a given day. So if someone ahead of him in seniority wants some time off that week, they will grant it. They will only be short one or two employees and sups will work and do the job.

But you could be right. This sup that granted his time off may be new and not realize how personal days work. By seniority.

12. He will find out when he has to do his job for him. Lol

13. Bastiatian

Bastiatian Active Member

Sounds like they should raise PT wages. This peak would have been one for the ages if they weren't offering a $250/week bonus for new hires and seasonals through the end of 2016 and advertising that fact on the radio every 3 minutes. It's actually frightening to think of how different things could have gone...

14. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

there are no "sick" days, they are called
    OPTION DAYS

at your discretion...

get sick, get a Dr.s note

15. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

FMLA may work for you? Check it out.

16. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Can't use FMLA to attend a wedding.

17. Wally

No, but what if...someone had to care for a family member in need. It just so happens, they too are attending the wedding?

18. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Taking care of a family member in need at an optional wedding event won't fly with FMLA either.

19. Wally

Who said anything about a wedding?

20. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

The OP did.