Using your sick days when you're not sick

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
images-1.jpg
Yea, you wish.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I have a rep of always being at work and not using my sick days. i think I've used 3 sick days in 8 years.

Well, I'm sick of that and I don't want to get paid out anymore. I want to use all my days.

I just feel guilty calling out when I'm not sick.

Anyone else like that?
i never cashed out sick days. usually used them on a monday for a early dr. appt. and then take the rest of day for fun or the day after i came back from a vacation so i would only have a 4 day work week.

why feel guilty? you earned them. and plus over the long term it's good to have an extra day off from time to time. i also thought it made me a better employee. safer because i could get more rest when i needed it.

wayfair

swollen member
I have a rep of always being at work and not using my sick days. i think I've used 3 sick days in 8 years.

Well, I'm sick of that and I don't want to get paid out anymore. I want to use all my days.

Anyone else like that?

Upstate mentioned something about pride... not guilt

take all the time off you are allowed!!!

Rack em

Made the Podium
I would rip the letter in half. They cant give you a warning letter for calling in sick unless its your 7th time in 9 months

watdaflock?

View attachment 64833
Really? My alerts say otherwise. Pretty creepy.
  • Today
    1. 46975.jpg

bleedinbrown58 rated your post
      clear.png
      Disagree in the thread Using your sick days when you're not sick.

5:41 PM
    2. 46975.jpg

bleedinbrown58 quoted your post in the thread Using your sick days when you're not sick.
      5:40 PM
    3. 46975.jpg

bleedinbrown58 quoted your post in the thread Using your sick days when you're not sick.
      5:33 PM
    4. 46975.jpg

bleedinbrown58 quoted your post in the thread The only thing I've learned while working at UPS.
      4:02 PM
    5. 46975.jpg

clear.png

3:44 PM
    6. 46975.jpg

3:35 PM

Yea, no kidding.....creepy.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
  • Today
    1. 46975.jpg

clear.png

5:41 PM
    2. 46975.jpg

5:40 PM
    3. 46975.jpg

5:33 PM
    4. 46975.jpg

bleedinbrown58 quoted your post in the thread The only thing I've learned while working at UPS.
      4:02 PM
    5. 46975.jpg

clear.png

3:44 PM
    6. 46975.jpg

3:35 PM
Yea, no kidding.....creepy.
Compare those times to the screenshot I posted. It was after YOU quoted me like twice and rated a bunch of my posts. But thanks for playing, Stalker!

@Austin.Is.My.Stalker

Last edited:

Cementups

Box Monkey
Last year was the first time I ever didn't use all my days. 3 option days. And believe me, tried to use 'em before the cycle was up. I put in multiple request but every one of them was denied. So I ended up just getting paid off. First time in 22 years.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Called in sick one day and went snow skiing. Came in the next day and was questioned why it looked like my face was sunburned {from the reflection off the snow}. Told them I was on the couch all day laying under the skylight.

Holydriver

Called in sick one day and went snow skiing. Came in the next day and was questioned why it looked like my face was sunburned {from the reflection off the snow}. Told them I was on the couch all day laying under the skylight.
Dishonesty twice? Fired! Ridiculous that they'd even question you...you should have told them it was a wild clamydia flair up

Dr.Brownz

Anyone else like that?

No I've been sick the last two days. Hope they were able to deal with all that futured volume from the last two weeks with out me ok......LOL