USPS switching to UPS

Nah
How is it a joke? Virtually none of our driving jobs are filled by inside employees. Maybe if you work at a small center they do. Not here. We can't staff the operation

You don't think it's a joke that no matter what time of year it is, the company can turn around and say "sorry, you're seasonal. None of the time you worked counts towards 30 days"?

WannaBeFeeder

The direction the USPS is going is obviously not good. I have never worked for a company that could care less about their employees. Being in the industry a few years now, UPS looks to me like the much better choice.
Lmao you think UPS deeply cares about it’s employees ? Sure driving pays well but they’ll fire your ass for looking at someone the wrong way. Lost a feeder this week because he went 2 days without Shaving apparently it was his 2nd verbal warning this year ........ i don’t think you understand how uptight these folks are at UPS

Last edited:

Mutineer

get a drivers job sooner because of my experience?
In almost every other occupation on planet Earth, having prior occupational experience is necessary or at least, very favorably looked upon when applying for work.

Except when the occupation is courier/delivery driver. And maybe prostitute. I have no idea why this is.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
In almost every other occupation on planet Earth, having prior occupational experience is necessary or at least, very favorably looked upon when applying for work.

Except when the occupation is courier/delivery driver. And maybe prostitute. I have no idea why this is.
This is true. And no I’m not courier/driver.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I am under the impression that USPS and UPS soon are going to be roughly equivalent when it comes to benefits and losses. And in this very moment, UPS is probably the worse of the two.

It's not the worst move ever to switch jobs but it's still not going to be any benefit.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Yes. In both occupations that is an utterance that is heard from time to time.
And in each case, the correct answer is: "you'd be surprised." But only one of those occupations involves a van and a pile of boxes.
Can you guess which one?
Yes but both vans contain a package.

Cloud

The direction the USPS is going is obviously not good. I have never worked for a company that could care less about their employees. Being in the industry a few years now, UPS looks to me like the much better choice.

Yeah, the whole situation with the funding for the post office is not a good situation, but the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I wouldn't exactly say UPS cares about their employees.

Mutineer

As a courier, there is no sanctuary or career opportunity in this industry anymore. I believe that the rapid rise and evolution of electronic technology has fueled alot of growth and demand for this occupation. But I'm not sure if this was 'good' growth.

Meanwhile, this same technology has also made it so that learning a route is alot easier than it was before electronic mapping and route plotting.

This makes couriers much easier to replace. With lowered hiring standards and a perpetual surplus of labor, this is rapidly becoming a working-poor occupation.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
As a courier, there is no sanctuary or career opportunity in this industry anymore. I believe that the rapid rise and evolution of electronic technology has fueled alot of growth and demand for this occupation. But I'm not sure if this was 'good' growth.

Meanwhile, this same technology has also made it so that learning a route is alot easier than it was before electronic mapping and route plotting.

This makes couriers much easier to replace. With lowered hiring standards and a perpetual surplus of labor, this is rapidly becoming a working-poor occupation.
I love ORION and my cradle.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
The Company will be sure to mention that at contract negotiations.
1599370188724.gif

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I am a USPS carrier very interested into working for UPS instead. Any pointers or advice would be great. Do I need to know someone in the center or should I apply for a package handler first to eventually get a driver’s job? Since the holiday rush is upon us, not counting overwhelming pandemic volume, would it be possible to need extra help during the peak and get a drivers job sooner because of my experience?
Get vested and do something good with your TSP first.

By then you will not be thinking about UPS anymore.