Vacation check one or two weeks before vacation?

rod

Retired 22 years
We were always paid on Friday morning. The checks would be sitting by the time clock when you walked in. They tried handing them out but nobody liked the idea that you felt like you had to sit up and beg for your check so they went back to just leaving them by the time clock (this time they were put in individual envelopes --for privacy).

Hahaha ,Went in an hour ago. Asked to see the vacation chart, sup immediately said "You're not vacation this we- I cut him off mid sentence and said "I don't believe you".

He pointed to the full-time chart next to me and said fine look for yourself, and Wala, I'm on vacation. Tried to say I was misunderstanding it and intentionally confuse me, fortunately a senior driver overheard in the back of the trailer, walked up and said yes, you are in fact on vacation. "Oh.". To lighten the tension I told them to watch my girlfriend freak out when I pull her leg and tell her I have to clock in. They were quite amused :clown:

So apparently the routine of get your vacation check on Friday, work the following week, and go-to paradise Monday is indeed correct.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hahaha ,Went in an hour ago. Asked to see the vacation chart, sup immediately said "You're not vacation this we- I cut him off mid sentence and said "I don't believe you".

He pointed to the full-time chart next to me and said fine look for yourself, and Wala, I'm on vacation. Tried to say I was misunderstanding it and intentionally confuse me, fortunately a senior driver overheard in the back of the trailer, walked up and said yes, you are in fact on vacation. "Oh.". To lighten the tension I told them to watch my girlfriend freak out when I pull her leg and tell her I have to clock in. They were quite amused :clown:

So apparently the routine of get your vacation check on Friday, work the following week, and go-to paradise Monday is indeed correct.
A33EA72F-4448-4BD0-A082-848F58247DA0.gif