Vacation over

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Anyone else get work related stress dreams when a vacation is about to end?

I always get nightmares that I’m still in package car and my car is packed and it’s like midnight.

Weird thing is I haven’t been in package in over 12 years..maybe I have PTSD from my package car days
I get that every morning...

I've gotten the dream where you get called into the office on your first day back.
Then you wake up trying to remember every delivery the Friday before vacation to make sure you were fine, LOL.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?

I always get nightmares that I’m still in package car and my car is packed and it’s like midnight.

Weird thing is I haven’t been in package in over 12 years..maybe I have PTSD from my package car days

I get weird ass dreams that my truck won’t stop or I only just get it to stop before I hit something. Or that I’m just stopped in traffic for no reason whatsoever and everyone is just looking at me.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You sure it’s not the weed

Box Ox

was so necessary

Here's a quick copy/paste list of the top 10 places you should consider for your next vacation.

1 Los Cabos https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/friend/fc/Flag_of_Mexico.svg/23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png Mexico
2 Caracas
23px-Flag_of_Venezuela.svg.png
Venezuela
3 Acapulco https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/friend/fc/Flag_of_Mexico.svg/23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png Mexico
4 Natal
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Brazil
5 Tijuana https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/friend/fc/Flag_of_Mexico.svg/23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png Mexico
6 La Paz https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/friend/fc/Flag_of_Mexico.svg/23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png Mexico
7 Fortaleza
Brazil
8 Ciudad Victoria https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/friend/fc/Flag_of_Mexico.svg/23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png
9 Ciudad Guayana
23px-Flag_of_Venezuela.svg.png
Venezuela
10 Belém
Brazil

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey

I've got bad news for you guys. I retired in April, and I still have these types of dreams. Frequently it's that somehow I get forced back to work, usually package car driver. Weird since I last drove package January 2007. The scars run deep.

old levi's

blank space
My nightmare is always the same, fighting a terrible load all day with way too many stops. Finally get back to the 7 and 8 thousand sections ( pre-Orion ) and it's already dark outside, when I realize I haven't made any of my pickups. Oh crap...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
One year I took 4 weeks off in a row. never did that again cause I didn't want to go back to work. it only took 2 weeks to forget about that great 4 weeks though. after that only took a week off .

wait until you retire. you'll be in seventh heaven.

occasionally have dreams . usually the same thing . waiting at the dispatch window and they don't have a clue what's going on and i keep waiting and waiting and getting pissed off.

over9five

Staff member
One year I took 4 weeks off in a row. never did that again cause I didn't want to go back to work. it only took 2 weeks to forget about that great 4 weeks though. after that only took a week off .

wait until you retire. you'll be in seventh heaven.
Lol, I always do 1 set of 2. Especially in Package, you really don't start to wind down till that second week.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Lol, I always do 1 set of 2. Especially in Package, you really don't start to wind down till that second week.
exactly. the first week is de-stressing and getting chores done around the house and yard cause you never have enough time when working. during the second week you start to relax and your blood pressure goes down. I used to tell my spouse " i don't know why I get so upset about things at UPS." the problems seem trivial when you are away for awhile.

then you come back to work with a smile on your face and that makes management pissed off so they go out of their way to ruin your day.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I am friends with a driver who took all his 3 weeks of vacation when the calendar reset on May 1st.
After the first week, he called in Monday morning to give his 2 weeks notice. LOL
He was one of those drivers that called every morning to see if he could have the day off.