Vacation paid out?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Oceanview, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Oceanview

Oceanview Active Member

today is my 1 year at ups.. I took both of my 2 week vacations prior to my 1 year seniority date.. I can’t get a straight answer from anyone at my hub when I’m supposed to be getting paid. I was told on the 27th I could expect it but I feel that is inaccurate.. has anyone had this issue in the past? What should my next steps be? Also my steward doesn’t know when I should be paid as well..

2. opey

opey Active Member

isnt it 1 week AFTER 1 year and 2 weeks after 2 years? if you already took the time off and didnt get paid for it, you wont be getting paid for it now. vacations are normally paid 2 weeks in advance

3. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

The 27th

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Just consider those free weeks off and use your vacation you have now

5. CoolStoryBro

CoolStoryBro Active Member

Check the time off viewer on UPSers.com. usually the time isn't accrued and in your bank until a week after your seniority date.

You might need a supervisor to manually take those vacation hours and pay you out since you took them before you were really allowed to. But I dunno. Maybe that will happen automatically?

It's 2 week after 1 year where I'm at too. I think Most of the Western States get an extra week of vacation.

6. Boxslinger11

Boxslinger11 Next gen teamster

It will pay out at the end of the year

7. do you have to take vacation every year and accumulate a bunch or they hand you a check if you didnt use your weeks that year