Vacation Pay issues/question

mitj

Can somebody please explain to me how vacation pay works? I can't seem to get straight answers from HR, management, & my union steward (who is fairly new, not blaming him, I know he is on my side). I started as a TCD in SEPT 2015, went full time driver JULY 2016. It seems I didn't start accumulating vacation hours until JAN 2017. Once I noticed VAC hours on my pay stub it has stayed at 22.50 hours. It hasn't gone up or down since.

Without going into complete detail... A grievance of mine was finally settled after 7 months. Without warning my pay was cut down by $10/hour... I dealt with this for 7 months before it finally got corrected. They ended up back paying me what they owed me, but I did not receive any penalty pay. During this 7 month time frame my VAC hours stayed 22.50. I took my vacation before my hourly pay was corrected & NEVER got paid for my vacation until yesterday in which they only paid me 22.50 hours.

Basically, I don't really trust anything that is said to me from my hub in regards to pay. Getting several different answers, only confirms that there is a clear mis-understanding on policies. Whenever I log into UPSER's & try to read up on vacation, the website say's this content is unavailable. This sections as be unavailable to for 3 months now.

Please help! Thanks in advance

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Sorry this is happening to you.... basically you fall into something called the tcd scam...which means you are a "driver class" that falls through the cracks...good luck trying to keep track of all the back pay and such that ups OWES you....some buildings don't use tcd and that's the way it should be... our guys don't have all of the issues of seniority and pay that tcd centers have... #scam, #major concession, #two-tier wage system........

mitj

Thanks!! It's been a struggle since day one thats for sure. However, they did finally fix my pay & cut me a check for everything owed. I'm just confused on how vacation works? Do we only culminate 22.50 hours a year?

Sorry this is happening to you.... basically you fall into something called the tcd scam...which means you are a "driver class" that falls through the cracks...good luck trying to keep track of all the back pay and such that ups OWES you....some buildings don't use tcd and that's the way it should be... our guys don't have all of the issues of seniority and pay that tcd centers have... #scam, #major concession, #two-tier wage system........
Thanks Dave

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Vacation pay is area specific. Get a copy of the contract from your steward or BA. Start there.

In my area, the Western Conference, you would get a "blended" seniority date. That date (January in your case) is the date you must cross annually to fully accrue all vacay hours. In my area that is.

It sounds like they paid off all your previous pt vacay hours. Then, you'd need to go a full year, til January again, to see the totals refilled at the two year level for your area's supplemental language.

If you tell us your state, others in your area may have some other helpful info.

Get to know your contract. It will probably serve you better than any advice you'll get here in the long run. Good luck.