Vacation Pay & Regular Pay Issues

mitj

Can somebody please tell my the policy on vacation pay? I'm being told several different "rules" on it ~ non of which add up. Also... Can someone please tell me where to get a UPS handbook as well as the Union one. Thanks in advance!

mitj

I haven't been paid for my vacation yet. Managers are telling me that I have to have a 156 punchs from 1/1/2017 before getting my check. I know that they are blowing smoke considering 2 other drivers have gotten their checks. We all are full time drivers.

mitj

What's the problem?

I haven't been paid for my vacation yet. Managers are telling me that I have to have a 156 punchs from 1/1/2017 before getting my check. I know that they are blowing smoke considering 2 other drivers have gotten their checks. We all are full time drivers.

mitj

This is just the latest problem!

35years

Gravy route
Are you in the Union?
Have you taken your vacation?
Is it scheduled?

Sounds like you are going to get penalty pay if you have the guts to follow through, keep good records, and talk to your steward.

If you a right to work scab bend over.
If in the union, learn the contract, it will save your job and tons of money.

mitj

What is your seniority date?
Are you in the Union?
Have you taken your vacation?
Is it scheduled?

Sounds like you are going to get penalty pay if you have the guts to follow through, keep good records, and talk to your steward.

If you a right to work scab bend over.
If in the union, learn the contract, it will save your job and tons of money.

Yes, I'm union... Vacaition was scheduled & taken. Nothing has been paid. My steward is aware, but he is on vacation himself. I'm just trying to get some answers. I was never given a UPS handbook or a union book. I've looked on teamsters & i can't find anything on vacation pay rules. Also- I've had a completely different grievance finally after 7 months just get resolved. Luckily, in my favor. They back paid me everything they owed me, but I did not get penalty pay. Any details on the rules of penalty pay & how much penalty pay should be paid?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yes, I'm union... Vacaition was scheduled & taken. Nothing has been paid. My steward is aware, but he is on vacation himself. I'm just trying to get some answers. I was never given a UPS handbook or a union book. I've looked on teamsters & i can't find anything on vacation pay rules. Also- I've had a completely different grievance finally after 7 months just get resolved. Luckily, in my favor. They back paid me everything they owed me, but I did not get penalty pay. Any details on the rules of penalty pay & how much penalty pay should be paid?

Article 17 of the NMUPSA for penalty pay on vacations.

@DriveInDriveOut posted the link to it.

As for 156 punches, check your supplement language on vacations under the supplement that covers you.

Has your Steward been on vacation for a month? If you had already taken your vacation, this issue should have already been resolved.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
A couple of things to check: if you were given a blended eligibility date - merged from your hire date and FT seniority date - that's the date you must cross (in my area) to get vacay pay. Do you have the hours banked on your pay stub? Something like this "VAC HRS 125.00"

If it's not listed in your bank, you haven't accrued it yet. They can let you take vacay and not pay you if your not eligible yet. It's not right, but it's possible.

foundinload

also check upsers.com > job tools > time off viewer for current accruements