Vacation time

PT Car Washer

How does it work when the week you are off has a closed Holiday? An extra days pay or only 4 vacation days are used and you have an extra one?
In my building you get paid for the Holiday on your vacation check. 6 paid days instead of 5. Some guys will do this on purpose to maximize their pay.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Nope....depends on your local. They'll pay you for your PT weeks...but no FT vacation till the following year.
Having similar issue. I qualified in October. Was formerly pt for 7 years. I looked at the bottom of my check where vac and opt days:week is and there are zeros all the way across. I was told I keep my weeks

By The Book

Also to add to this. Once a year goes by do I start over with my weeks so then my 7 years got me nowhere vacation wise. This is new to me because my supervisor told me I keep my vacation weeks. Obviously this person was misinformed then?
Your supervisor said you keep your vacation weeks. That is true, what your sup is saying is you continue to have 7 years seniority, and will not start over earning vacation as a full time employee. You will now pick with the drivers. If a new driver qualified in June 2014, and was cashed out for their 2013 vacation earned as a part timer,they are actually getting their vacation pay earlier than if they weren't cashed out. This driver now starts earning vacation as a full timer from the first day they drove in 2014., at so many days a month. When the vacation selection comes around you will have vacation to select, it will be reduced because of your partial year as a full time driver. In this example you can see why a driver who qualifies late in the year doesn't get much vacation for the next year right?

By The Book

How does it work when the week you are off has a closed Holiday? An extra days pay or only 4 vacation days are used and you have an extra one?
You can take the week and get an extra days pay, take the week and use a carry over day(paid 6 and an unpaid on the Friday before or the following Monday)., so you actually take a working day off like you would of if you didn't take that week for vacation. No you don't get marked down as only using 4 days and get to take the 5th day paid some other time.

BUCN85

So your full time seniority date is October 2014. Did they cash out your part time vacation that you had on the books or had you taken it all before you qualified? If they cashed you out you should start accruing vacation at so many days a month as a full timer from October. Look at your paystubs for 2014 and verify how many weeks vacation you took, you may of used them up.
I used all my vacation in 2014. But I was always under the assumption all the hours I worked in 2014 built up for pt vacation hours in 2015. But it does not

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg
NO VACATION FOR YOU!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Having similar issue. I qualified in October. Was formerly pt for 7 years. I looked at the bottom of my check where vac and opt days:week is and there are zeros all the way across. I was told I keep my weeks
You get vacation. All weeks just have to be taken after your 1 year anniversary.

You've really been there 7 years and don't know how this works? I was part time 20 months and k ew exactly what the drill was.

By The Book

I used all my vacation in 2014. But I was always under the assumption all the hours I worked in 2014 built up for pt vacation hours in 2015. But it does not
Last years hours worked equal this years amount of vacation that you can take. So you took last years vacation like normal and became full time in October. Did they cash you out for the vacation you earned up to when you became a driver?

BUCN85

Last years hours worked equal this years amount of vacation that you can take. So you took last years vacation like normal and became full time in October. Did they cash you out for the vacation you earned up to when you became a driver?
I have been cashed out for nothing. And have been told I will not be. I used all of my part time vacation in 2014 before I became ft

PT Car Washer

I have been cashed out for nothing. And have been told I will not be. I used all of my part time vacation in 2014 before I became ft
Your lay off days will be your vacation. Unless you are lucky enough to work everyday. We all have to work a year before we are entitled to paid vacations.

By The Book

I would have my full time sup print me out an entitlement report. This should show you on paper, year by year, how much vacation time you had and when it was taken, and what's left and accrued up to now.