Vacation time

542thruNthru

why what is the issue

Two issues really.

We have PT cover drivers that cover vacations. When drivers work their vacations these cover drivers have no work.

When people pick vacations weeks and work them they are taking away from others that would have liked to take that week off. Like the week of Thanksgiving, week after xmas and summer weeks.

Two issues really.

We have PT cover drivers that cover vacations. When drivers work their vacations these cover drivers have no work.

When people pick vacations weeks and work them they are taking away from others that would have liked to take that week off. Like the week of Thanksgiving, week after xmas and summer weeks.
And if nobody is available is it okay then?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Two issues really.

not sure how anyone gets the week after Xmas off , it is still considered peak with all the returns

542thruNthru

not sure how anyone gets the week after Xmas off , it is still considered peak with all the returns

Not here.
Screenshot_20190606-130431_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Poop Head

Judge me.
Two issues really.

Someday, I'm gonna get the week of Thanksgiving, and then work it. Hahahhahahah

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Yeah, so they can stay home instead of giving themselves heart attacks shoveling their driveways. :wink-very:

Or, high seniority employees are more likely to be able to afford to fly to Cancun, Tahiti, Bora Bora, etc. and get out of the snow. The rest of us would like to take family vacations without taking the kids out of school for a week, or for more than a weekend. It's ok, I guess if our kids never get to take a long family trip, they'll never miss the memories they didn't get to make. :sad-very:

While all the above is true, I understand why the system is the way it is. Doesn't mean I have to like it.
I work with 35 yr drivers with grown kids that still take spring break. Pathetic. Sad thing is they don't have the backbone to file a grievance.

KoennenTiger

But like really what pt guy is staying *for ten hours!!!!!*

Gosh but it's been awhile since I was a preload slave and even longer since I was an unload slave. But hey it's 9 o'clock. I got to go home. "we need you to stay" says the drone that used to be a lazy fat :censored2:ty preloader I always had to help anyway. Now he's mngmt.

Nope. I got to go. Bye.

Yeah that driver is fckrd bad. But yeah I'm going home. So I can go to my other job lel.

Stay ten hours?! Well do I want to be banking that sweet nothing garbage pay but 1.5 times it? Hmm well maybe I'll stay. But if I don't want to stay? If I didn't want to stay? What the Frick is some part timer sup going to say as I walk off to go clock out?

"hey I need you over here"

Oh yeah that sucks bye

JL 0513

I still have to pull my kids out of school each year for a vacation because ALL weeks that kids are out are taken first by high seniority with grown kids. It is what it is but still annoying.

My kid had to go to school several times while sick because she had maxed out absences from the trip.