Vaccine mandate

Yolo

You think a bunch of drivers who barely made it through high school are going to quit their $40/hr gig over a shot? We ain't striking. Cops and firefighters have been fired for it. Teamsters might be able to get you a medical or religious exemption. But most of us will end up vaccinated.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Well in his defense I haven't heard a peep about this issue from the union. Election ballots are due in by November 15th so I really wouldn't expect to hear anything until after that. Politics.
I don't see SOB bowing down to ups especially if other unions are picketing and there is a possible general strike

Yolo

"The nine unions collectively represent about 88,000 of the 160,000 employees covered by the latest mandate, which requires all city employees to get vaccinated for the coronavirus with no option to take a weekly test. The unions include District Council 37, Teamsters Local 237, the Uniformed Sanitationmen’s Association Local 831, and SEIU Local 300."

"Unvaccinated union members also won the right to keep their health benefits while on unpaid leave until the end of June 2022. After that, they will be terminated. This is a slightly shorter timeline than teachers received."

Keeping your insurance until June then getting Terminated in NYC.
N.Y.C. reaches an agreement with nine labor unions on Covid vaccine mandates.

Cowboy Mac

Has anyone actually heard anything from the company or the union about them forcing a vaccine mandate? Y’all are talking about going on strike before any statements have been made. We’re not Southwest Airlines…yet.

Cowboy Mac

This is just a theory I have but UPS is hiring a ton of people, which they do every year. If they announce a vaccine mandate, it will be in January, when the volume drops off and they have a large number of seasonal workers to offset any brown outs. They won’t say a word until after peak.

Swanson

This is just a theory I have but UPS is hiring a ton of people, which they do every year. If they announce a vaccine mandate, it will be in January, when the volume drops off and they have a large number of seasonal workers to offset any brown outs. They won’t say a word until after peak.
Who knows what will happen it will be interesting that's for sure. I think Brandon bit off a little more then he can chew with his dentures!

trotsky

They would of had to of known about the mandate but as an "essential" employer maybe they were sitting in on meetings that discussed that and they knew what was coming

Swanson

They would of had to of known about the mandate but as an "essential" employer maybe they were sitting in on meetings that discussed that and they knew what was coming
Let's see how the other unions react,there are far more militant unions than the teamsters.