Vaccine mandate

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Has anyone actually heard anything from the company or the union about them forcing a vaccine mandate? Y’all are talking about going on strike before any statements have been made. We’re not Southwest Airlines…yet.

These things have to be fought in the court of public opinion. If the union and company get the message that we are willing to strike, they will make the right decision the first go round. Easier to get it right the first time than to have to fight the wrong decision after the fact.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Labor Secretary Marty Walsh said "most truckers" will be spared from Biden's vaccine mandate.

A truck driver meets the exceptions if they work alone or exclusively outdoors and are not interacting with others at pick-up or drop-off locations, according to the Department of Labor. Truckers who work in teams - such as two people sitting in a truck cab - or who interact with people at their destinations or starting points would not be exempt.

Um, only 10 percent of drivers are owner operators. Where the hell is this guy getting his 'most' truckers are exempt narrative?

He's just lying to get it out of the news I guess.

Cowboy Mac

These things have to be fought in the court of public opinion. If the union and company get the message that we are willing to strike, they will make the right decision the first go round. Easier to get it right the first time than to have to fight the wrong decision after the fact.
I’m with you that when the time arises we need to do that. I just think it’s jumping the gun to have a strike before the company even does anything. I say let them make the first move.

I would consider what Southwest Airlines employees did as a success. The company started out by saying they were forcing the vaccines. Then the resistance. Then the CEO comes out and walks back his prior statements. That to me is the correct way to do it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I’m with you that when the time arises we need to do that. I just think it’s jumping the gun to have a strike before the company even does anything. I say let them make the first move.

I would consider what Southwest Airlines employees did as a success. The company started out by saying they were forcing the vaccines. Then the resistance. Then the CEO comes out and walks back his prior statements. That to me is the correct way to do it.

I'm not for striking before the company makes its position on the mandate clear. Talking about it before that will help pressure the company to make the right decision. Even if opinion is somewhat split, it will still make the decision to go along with the mandate a huge gamble. Better they spend millions, along with other industry leaders, to fight the government than stand to lose 10's of millions in a strike.

Back From Break
For enforcing an illegal mandate that uses an administrative agency to circumvent the constitutional legislative process?

For breaking the law while trampling on the rights of its employee?

Breaking what law? You're expecting a private Company to decide on what is law and what is not?

For allowing the government to turn it into an unconstitutional enforcement arm of the government to enforce things the government can't enforce?

You expect a private Company to tell the Government what is constitutional and what is not? A private Company just follows the law. They will follow a mandate until it is proven unconstitutional and removed.

For threatening the livelihood of union workers in the process of all of the above

Threatening the livelihood of Union workers? How? You don't want to get the vaccine, you're welcome to find another job at a Company that wants to defy the Government.

We should strike UPS for that, and stand in solidarity with our union brothers and sisters across the country in standing up for our jobs and our bodily autonomy.

Strike UPS for following a mandate issued by the Federal Government? You're insane.

You knew when you signed up for a union job that you might have to go on strike. No one's forcing you to go on strike, if you don't want to strike, you can get a non-union job.

If you don't want to get a vaccine, you're welcome to find another job.

There are plenty of employers who have caved to the pretend mandates and taken illegal action of their own accord.

Pretend mandates? Only if the courts say so. We'll see.

One way or another, if the company doesn't do the right thing, a lot of people will need to be prepared to have their incomes disrupted.

The right thing? Defy the Government before it goes through the legal process of the courts?

Emergency injunctive relief has been about 50/50 on the current law suits.

So, it is 50/50. You want UPS to take a chance on a 50/50 gamble?

particularly if there was no bargaining over the mandates

The Union does not bargain over Federal law, or mandates. Federal law overrides the contract each, and every time.

due to the illegal mandates

They are not illegal until the Courts say they are.

Anything's possible, but I guess it's great strategy to telegraph to businesses that union workers are unwilling to strike when necessary.

It is you're opinion, and only you're opinion, to strike over a Federal mandate. Federal laws are not negotiated in the collective bargaining process.

That's why I said, It's 50/50. It's all down to how good your lawyer is and the political affiliation of the judge.

You want UPS to take on the Government on a 50/50 guess? You're insane.

There won't be a strike because union members are unwilling to use the single greatest tool in their tool box to stand up for their rights against a totalitarian government.

You have no idea what you are talking about. A strike is not used to stand up to the Government. You're insane.

A lot who got the jab did so because they were told they would get their rights back, only to have them taken away again.

In your opinion. I got the jab to prevent hospitalization and death.

More people know people who have been hurt by the jab than were seriously affected by covid.

Wrong again. I know nobody affected by the vaccine. I know 3 people that died as a result, or side effect, of COVID.

It's only the stubborn, willfully ignorant ones who refuse to see what's actually happening.

What's happening? Bill Gates putting microchips in the vaccine? The vaccine going to kill everyone in 10 years? The vaccine magnetizing people?

If the union and company get the message that we are willing to strike, they will make the right decision the first go round.

What right decision? Fight the government? You're insane. You're welcome to find a job somewhere else. It's not up to the Union to strike UPS for following mandates issued by the Federal Government.

I'm not for striking before the company makes its position on the mandate clear.

You expect the Company to go against a Government mandate? Easier to just get along...They can wash their hands. The Government says to get a vaccine, so get a vaccine. Why fight the Government? It would cost billions. And what if the Supreme Court upholds these mandates? UPS would be screwed for fighting them.

Talking about it before that will help pressure the company to make the right decision.

What right decision? The Government issues a mandate and you expect a private company to take on the government and go against a mandate?

Better they spend millions, along with other industry leaders, to fight the government than stand to lose 10's of millions in a strike.

Why would a private company spend millions to try and take on the government? You're insane. We are not striking over this. UPS is not requiring this, the Federal Government is.

The same with drug tests and DOT physicals. UPS is not requiring them, the Federal Government is. We have to comply.

trotsky

This is just a theory I have but UPS is hiring a ton of people, which they do every year. If they announce a vaccine mandate, it will be in January, when the volume drops off and they have a large number of seasonal workers to offset any brown outs. They won’t say a word until after peak.
They would of had to of known about the mandate but as an "essential" employer maybe they were sitting in on meetings that discussed that and they knew what was coming and
Great news 5th circuit court just ordered a temporary halt of lets go brandons bs mandate
There is hope for this country..
The osha spokesperson said this...
OSHA has the authority “to act quickly in an emergency where the agency finds that workers are subjected to a grave danger and a new standard is necessary to protect them,”

So shut us down now! Why wait ?

trotsky

Breaking what law? You're expecting a private Company to decide on what is law and what is not?

You expect a private Company to tell the Government what is constitutional and what is not? A private Company just follows the law. They will follow a mandate until it is proven unconstitutional and removed.

Threatening the livelihood of Union workers? How? You don't want to get the vaccine, you're welcome to find another job at a Company that wants to defy the Government.

Strike UPS for following a mandate issued by the Federal Government? You're insane.

The right thing? Defy the Government before it goes through the legal process of the courts?

The Union does not bargain over Federal law, or mandates. Federal law overrides the contract each, and every time.

It is you're opinion, and only you're opinion, to strike over a Federal mandate. Federal laws are not negotiated in the collective bargaining process.

You have no idea what you are talking about. A strike is not used to stand up to the Government. You're insane.

Wrong again. I know nobody affected by the vaccine. I know 3 people that died as a result, or side effect, of COVID.

What's happening? Bill Gates putting microchips in the vaccine? The vaccine going to kill everyone in 10 years? The vaccine magnetizing people?

What right decision? Fight the government? You're insane. You're welcome to find a job somewhere else. It's not up to the Union to strike UPS for following mandates issued by the Federal Government.

You expect the Company to go against a Government mandate? Easier to just get along...They can wash their hands. The Government says to get a vaccine, so get a vaccine. Why fight the Government? It would cost billions. And what if the Supreme Court upholds these mandates? UPS would be screwed for fighting them.

What right decision? The Government issues a mandate and you expect a private company to take on the government and go against a mandate?

Why would a private company spend millions to try and take on the government? You're insane. We are not striking over this. UPS is not requiring this, the Federal Government is.

The same with drug tests and DOT physicals. UPS is not requiring them, the Federal Government is. We have to comply.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
They would of had to of known about the mandate but as an "essential" employer maybe they were sitting in on meetings that discussed that and they knew what was coming and

There is hope for this country..
The osha spokesperson said this...
OSHA has the authority “to act quickly in an emergency where the agency finds that workers are subjected to a grave danger and a new standard is necessary to protect them,”

So shut us down now! Why wait ?
It would hurt "their" corporations stock prices.Even if it doesn't go through what do you think will happen with all the poison they are going to pump into children?(who don't even get very ill from it)The poison which doesn't prevent or stop the spread.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Lol. Is this sporty? In just the two paragraphs in this response I bothered to read, before laughing so hard I had to stop, you clearly demonstrated you have no clue how law works. I appreciate the effort you put in to setting me straight, though.

Local63Ontario

You think a bunch of drivers who barely made it through high school are going to quit their $40/hr gig over a shot? We ain't striking. Cops and firefighters have been fired for it. Teamsters might be able to get you a medical or religious exemption. But most of us will end up vaccinated.
💯

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ok, I finally stopped laughing. I'm about to educate you on how things work. Feel free to forward me some cash on paypal.

No, I expect them to hire lawyers to explain the law to them and the liability the expose themselves to by breaking it. Several states have laws against practicing medicine without a license, businesses are practicing medicine by ordering employees to get vaccinated. Even doctors can't force you to follow their medical advice. Most companies are not covered entities under HIPAA, so the privacy rule under HIPAA affirms our right to medical privacy from our employers. The ADA also protects our right to bodily autonomy free from interference from employers and the government. Invasion of privacy is a common law tort. Forced vaccination and testing constitute conspiracy to commit battery and coercion. 42 USC 1985 makes it a civil violation to conspire against any of a person's rights affirmed by law, statute, or constitutional amendment. 28 USC 241 makes the above a criminal offense. 42 USC 1983 makes makes it a civil violation to cooperate with the government in depriving people of rights. 28 USC 242 makes the above a criminal offense. Title 7 makes it a civil violation to discriminate against people for sincerely held beliefs, as confirmed by the EEOC. The Religious Freedom Restoration act makes the above a criminal offense. If a box slinger like me knows all that, lawyers with fancy degrees should know that as well.

You expect a private Company to tell the Government what is constitutional and what is not?
I expect a competent private company to consult with the attorneys they hired so they will know they stand to lose much more to law suits from employees than they'll ever have to pay in unenforceable, fantasy fines issued by an administrative agency that has never had the authority to establish any such fantasy mandates, and certainly can not be made to do so by the executive branch as a means of unconstitutionally bypassing the legislative process. Especially when any such unconstitutional laws that might be passed by the legislative branch must be ignored, even before the courts adjudicate them, as established by legal precedent.

A private Company just follows the law. They will follow a mandate until it is proven unconstitutional and removed.
According to you, a private company has no way to determine what the law is, how can they follow it?

If you don't want to strike you can find a job at a non-unionized company. If a company wants to take advantage of, and profit from, the economic conditions of a free society, they have to accept that their employees have rights, and not violate those rights. If they don't like operating in a free society, they can set up shop in China and allow themselves to be run by the CCP. That sword cuts both ways.

I have the right to continue working at the job I've been performing for over 14 years without interference from the government. The company violating my rights to follow a fake "mandate" exposes itself to liability. Every company should want to defy unconstitutional actions by the government, it will cost them less in the long run.

For enforcing a fake mandate that the government itself can't enforce? Yes. If I'm insane It's only evidenced by the fact that I voluntarily engage with people who are, themselves, insane. I don't expect to actually get through, though, and do it as an exercise in logic and reasoning, so at least I get something out of it.

I also have the right to stay in the job that was offered to me and I've been doing for 14 years, the last almost two of which have been during a pandemic, which I was offered without the requirement of being vaccinated. If they told me 14 years ago they would be trampling on my rights, I would have selected a different career, and built up benefits there, not starting from scratch 14 years later. If you don't want to strike you are free to go get a non-union job.

Mandates aren't a legal reality. They are, by definition, pretend. The 5th circuit has already enjoined the pretend mandates.

Who do you think is challenging the pretend mandates in court? The more businesses that defy the pretend mandates the less they expose themselves to real liability for violating real rights of their employees.

You don't understand what emergency injunctive relief is, do you? Of course not, otherwise you wouldn't have written the above question and revealed that you don't know what that means.

The union negotiates over work conditions. The company becoming an unconstitutional enforcement arm of the executive branch and coercing employees to submit to medical battery is a mandatory subject of bargaining.

Mandates are pretend, no need to wait for the courts to weigh in. Laws that are unconstitutional are void and must be ignored, whether a court has adjudicated or not. Marbury v Madison.
We aren't talking about laws. We are talking about pretend mandates. See above for unconstitutional law.

Doubling down on your ignorance? Cool.

They can easily be used to stand up to the government. We have the duty to do anything we can to resist totalitarian usurpation of our powers and rights. You're a jelly fish.

How's that working in Massachusettes, Ireland, Iceland, Isreal, etc? I'll give you a hint. It's not good. And It's not my opinion, many people did get the pretend vaccine to pretend to get back rights they pretended to have to give up to begin with. That's a statement of indisputable fact.

I said more people, not you. Thanks for the anecdote, though.

I don't know about those things, would you care to tell me more? Is Bill Gates in the room with you now? All I know that's happening is just illegal, totalitarian overreach of the illegitimate government into our personal decisions. I realize you are ok with that, you can move to China where that stuff is culturally acceptable. Your kowtowing to dictatorship is not welcome here.

Yes, that right decision. You and UPS can move to China if you don't like rights and freedom. It is up to the Union to strike a change in working conditions based on pretend mandates without bargaining. If you don't like striking, you are free to get a non-union job. Or better yet, move to China and work shoulder to shoulder in slave camps with the Uyghurs until the CCP wants to harvest your organs.

Yes, fight the government to keep them from forcing UPS to expose themselves to civil and criminal liability for following a pretend mandate. The company will have to declare bankruptcy to avoid paying the judgments.

Mandates aren't laws. I realize you and the other 30% of the population on the low end of the IQ scale don't understand the difference. If you like mandates, sign up on grindr or move to China.
Why would a private company spend millions to try and take on the government?
To avoid bankruptcy from law suit judgments.

You're insane.
You're a jelly fish, a Chinese dictatorhip loving jelly fish.

We are not striking over this. UPS is not requiring this, the Federal Government is.
The federal government is pretending to issue a fake mandate. If UPS enforces it, they will end up going bankrupt due to law suit judgments.

I've never taken a drug test for UPS. I'm not surprised that you've taken so many you think the government requires them. You are clearly on something. You should try to hide it better so they will stop testing you all the time.

DOT physicals don't require that I inject poorly tested, improperly approved, foreign substances into my body. Plus, the DOT physical requirement was there when I accepted the job, so I do them with consent. And I've never heard of anyone dying as a result of a DOT physical.

Hope this all helps. I'm sure you're too deep in your ignorant delusions for any of this to have an impact.

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I see a lot of freaking out over this so called (Mandate)...this will be a political time bomb for the current administration with the mid terms approaching...the Republicans will use any means possible to block it's enforcement . The science is changing on this virus, I had the two shots and still caught the virus, whether you are vaccinated or not you will spread this germ, are these workplaces going to find the time to test every employee before you clock in?

Are the Democrats going to force their own voting majority to comply or worst yet suffer economic hardships with Biden's handling of this pandemic, blaming Trump is apparently a losing proposition with the recent Virginia governor election. Remember that the lunatic fringe in Washington is still be bossing Biden around, most of their unvaccinated supporters will be the ones most affected by these overreaching penalties. Besides that it will every fly once the supreme court gets involved.