Vaccine mandate

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
351819_trm54o9gitgv8cx_full.png

quad decade guy

Bad but intriguing idea. Maybe eliminating OSHA would make Unionism grow stronger. I mean, corporations can’t be left unchecked to monitor employee safety, they will cut corners for sure. Unions could offer the alternative if OSHA was disbanded.
With all possible respect....

Our local is doing everything it can to eliminate safety.

A requirement for Safety Co-Chair is to be a Union Steward(here). The Union does not nor ever has supported any safe work methods or adherence to such. Matter of fact-spends much time extracting employees from accidents/injuries etc. disciplinary action. While the Company cuts corners......the Union doubles down. Load retainers are an excellent example. Not a word or action by the Union. Left to the Union....there wouldn't be ANYTHING. No rules....no disciplinary action.

Do I want disciplinary action? No. I do want a safe place to work. Safety discipline.

A really worse idea would be for the Union's to be left in charge of safety. No? Look at the responses on BC about safety....how it's soft-peddled. Discounted....belittled. Again....let's talk load-retainers...speeding on the yard...running stop signs....hell speeding INSIDE THE BUILDING.

Do you really think the Union would do ANYTHING to discipline or have anything to do with disciplinary action of a fellow employee?

Come on man.

quad decade guy

I'm willing to believe Trump is controlled opposition. I don't think the evidence entirely supports that, more like he is just arrogant, makes snap judgments assured in himself that he gets it right most of the time. But either and both can be true.
Or perhaps he ran into the brick wall of politics.

There are forces at work....that run things....

Those forces got him elected. Those forces did not. Again.

I do believe those forces are quite sinister and far more dangerous(to America) than the average American pays attention.

We are being herded(always have).......and most Americans have no clue. The Left controlling social media and the mainstream media has brought America to division and I believe a choice.....take a stand or let it fail.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I take your point....

But, you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

To say, you solve a problem and create(kill innocent people) many others.

And yes it's my business.
So are they eliminating safety for the sake of better production out of their workers? Cutting corners to save costs? Not using load retainers to save time/money ?

quad decade guy

So are they eliminating safety for the sake of better production out of their workers? Cutting corners to save costs? Not using load retainers to save time/money ?
Yes. The Union condones it.

And the Union condones it so that employees cannot be disciplined. No discipline(not disciplinary action) means injury and death.

Thebrownblob

Or perhaps he ran into the brick wall of politics.

There are forces at work....that run things....

Those forces got him elected. Those forces did not. Again.

I do believe those forces are quite sinister and far more dangerous(to America) than the average American pays attention.

We are being herded(always have).......and most Americans have no clue. The Left controlling social media and the mainstream media has brought America to division and I believe a choice.....take a stand or
It must be an extreme emergency if They are waiting until April 2. By then they’ll all be lepers if your analogy is correct.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Ok.

What specifically does your Local do for safety?

You seem to imply that they(your local) are fully behind disciplinary action for safety vest violations or perhaps speeding, running stop signs?

Tell us more. Please.
Just for poops and giggles, I would be interested what you believe the Union's role should be in regards to safety