Vaccine mandate

quad decade guy

Speeding, and running stop signs? Are you suggesting telematics be used? Otherwise isn’t that a function of the actual police department? My local has been very proactive in regards to safety. Egress is a major one they have addressed in the building. But you seem the think just the officials at the local can “fix” safety. Discipline is not a function of a local union. Condoning actions and representing a member in good faith are not the same.
OMG. How about speeding ON PROPERTY....running stop signs. ON PROPERTY.

Never said most of that stuff. Never said the local could "fix" stuff.

Discipline......."the practice of training people to follow the rules of conduct or behavior." It is a concept....this discipline.

You know....safety discipline?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Karma chameleon?
792CBF15-B097-46AB-B755-17F1FB88A03D.gif

Yes

Thebrownblob

OMG. How about speeding ON PROPERTY....running stop signs. ON PROPERTY.

Never said most of that stuff. Never said the local could "fix" stuff.

Discipline......."the practice of training people to follow the rules of conduct or behavior." It is a concept....this discipline.

You know....safety discipline?
Do you have a speed gun? running stop signs is that big of a problem you complain on internet board about it? and like I said no-one knows what your saying. You said the local and company 'condone" these things. Somehow you work in the only facility that management and the local condone unsafe acts? Drama.
You sound like you just want to complain or create problems so you can blame your local. I said you don't like local leadership run for office. Your platform can be "vote for me I will discipline members". I'm sure you will win.
Your solution is having the local discipline? Again discipline infers punishment, that's not a locals function. Union members talk to other members in private or have there Business agent do so. The issue is probably not as bad as your making it, and you have no solutions or influence on other members at your local to change behaviors.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Do you have a speed gun? running stop signs is that big of a problem you complain on internet board about it? and like I said no-one knows what your saying. You said the local and company 'condone" these things. Somehow you work in the only facility that management and the local condone unsafe acts? Drama.
You sound like you just want to complain or create problems so you can blame your local. I said you don't like local leadership run for office. Your platform can be "vote for me I will discipline members". I'm sure you will win.
Your solution is having the local discipline? Again discipline infers punishment, that's not a locals function. Union members talk to other members in private or have there Business agent do so. The issue is probably not as bad as your making it, and you have no solutions or influence on other members at your local to change behaviors.
He was a hall monitor in grammar school

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
It is what's everyone's role.....safety. Simply watching a fellow union member kill someone(especially) on our yard(especially a fellow union member).....is as heinous as it sounds.

Knowing a fellow member and is drunk.....and allowing him to take the wheel(at work) is......what?

Watching jackass unsafe behavior and turning away.......only to watch a friend smeared on a dock door...

Knowing the company condones such practices(remembering they are committed by a member...) and saying nothing.....

So, I'll ask you-do we stand by? It's like anything else in life......maybe watching the rise of communism, looting.....even watching sexual assault on a subway/train. Extreme? No. Those are taken from the headlines....everyday.
Where in the hell do you work, Mordor? Damn dude

quad decade guy

No disrespect but, I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about you sound like a drama queen.

No one “allows” A member to drive drunk knowingly.
And if someone has a drinking problem off the clock it’s none of your damn business. We have plenty of programs as well as insurance to get help but someone has to want that help.

As much as I dislike the company and feel they mostly do things to cover their butt, they do not “condone” those actions, especially at the corporate level pick up the phone and make a complaint if you were so worried about what’s going on in your yard.

And your last statement about communism and looting lol? I’m Steadfastly against both of those things but what does that have to do with our jobs lol.

What do these things have to do with the “Union” Are you talking about just the elected leaders? Because if you can’t remember remembered “we” are the union, quit being a rock thrower and complainer and get in the ring and fix things yourself if you can do better. I’m sure there’s tons of support for your views for you to get elected at your local right?
No clue....now we are getting somewhere.

No clue....but then, how would you know my hub or situation? Such an odd statement while actually being correct.

Look around some of these responses....you'll get confirmation of my statements....not claims. Very little but it's there. Very few will have the integrity to support me. They just can't.

Now, you don't know me.

You again, have no clue who I am or how I conduct myself or the level of involvement. Like the Safety Committee...the Local is a highly politicized organization. Only the most obtuse and naive doesn't know this. Where safety or even the BEST interests of the members isn't paramount but an avenue for income, favoritism or political payback. 41 years of observation yields much.....

Now, these folks with outside drinking problems? They also have work drinking problems. There is no forcefield at the gate....

Example: You are at the counter beside a coworker....reeks of alcohol.....what do you do? Pull him aside? Tackle him and say "No, you can't drive drunk!" or "Man you reek..." So, how about it? And, what if what you did....led to disciplinary action?

One theme throughout BC is the inability to recognize anecdotal support or analogy.

quad decade guy

Discipline. I have repeatedly said discipline....not disciplinary action.

Example: I am a 31 year Circle of Honor. Never had a lost time injury. That takes strong discipline and fortitude. A way of life.

Example: I went to college....full time...while holding a 5 day a week feeder job...to get my Certified Aircraft Maintenance Technician rating (A & P). A 2 year solid program with no breaks. 5 days a week. This takes discipline.

What I find so odd......that an internet keyboard warrior makes such declarative statements about a place he's never been to or for a person he's never met.....

I encourage anyone to spend 10 minutes in our hub or yard and just observe.

I talk daily with mgt., drivers and contractors about hub and yard safety.....as well as on-road.

I am both proactive and reactive.

As far as the company and local condoning? You bet! Someone mentioned mileage drivers....bingo!

Security is safety....I watched a homeless women walk right into the Fresno hub and pee....right past shifters, feeders, mechanics...mgt....right past an empty guard gate. This hub is thousands of miles from my hub. It's everywhere....friend.

Don't lecture me about what is happening at my hub.

Thebrownblob

Example: I am a 31 year Circle of Honor. Never had a lost time injury. That takes strong discipline and fortitude. A way of life.

Example: I went to college....full time...while holding a 5 day a week feeder job...to get my Certified Aircraft Maintenance Technician rating (A & P). A 2 year solid program with no breaks. 5 days a week. This takes discipline.

What I find so odd......that an internet keyboard warrior makes such declarative statements about a place he's never been to or for a person he's never met.....

I talk daily with mgt., drivers and contractors about hub and yard safety.....as well as on-road.

As far as the company and local condoning? You bet! Someone mentioned mileage drivers....bingo!

Security is safety....I watched a homeless women walk right into the Fresno hub and pee....right past shifters, feeders, mechanics...mgt....right past an empty guard gate. This hub is thousands of miles from my hub. It's everywhere....friend.

25 years safe driving for me, congrats on 31 years that’s a great accomplishment.

Thebrownblob

No clue....now we are getting somewhere.

No clue....but then, how would you know my hub or situation? Such an odd statement while actually being correct.

Look around some of these responses....you'll get confirmation of my statements....not claims. Very little but it's there. Very few will have the integrity to support me. They just can't.

Now, you don't know me.

You again, have no clue who I am or how I conduct myself or the level of involvement. Like the Safety Committee...the Local is a highly politicized organization. Only the most obtuse and naive doesn't know this. Where safety or even the BEST interests of the members isn't paramount but an avenue for income, favoritism or political payback. 41 years of observation yields much.....

Now, these folks with outside drinking problems? They also have work drinking problems. There is no forcefield at the gate....

Example: You are at the counter beside a coworker....reeks of alcohol.....what do you do? Pull him aside? Tackle him and say "No, you can't drive drunk!" or "Man you reek..." So, how about it? And, what if what you did....led to disciplinary action?

One theme throughout BC is the inability to recognize anecdotal support or analogy.

Only had someone I represented come to work drunk 2 times,(that I’m aware of) I told them to turnaround and go home. They did.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

You forgot to tell him about your corvettes?