Vaccine mandate

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Never said that. Matter of fact, repeatedly said this is not about disciplinary action but safety discipline.

You guys are either not very bright or just can't seem to comprehend words or meanings. I can't help you there.
Maybe I can help?

When two words have the same first nine letters in common, it indicates they have the same roots and underlying meanings.

This holds especially true in this case where these nine consecutive letters appear 61 times in our collective bargaining agreement.

Screenshot_20220203-194047_Hancom Office.jpg

You were called down by a man who you should never attempt to best in contractual concept, grammar or the semantics of sentence structure.

....and once again you were just using yet another scenario as a segue to tell everyone how great you think you are.

I don't think many here are buying what you are selling.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220203-193656_Hancom Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20220203-193656_Hancom Office.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

quad decade guy

Maybe I can help?

When two words have the same first nine letters in common, it indicates they have the same roots and underlying meanings.

This holds especially true in this case where these nine consecutive letters appear 61 times in our collective bargaining agreement.

View attachment 371059

You were called down by a man who you should never attempt to best in contractual concept, grammar or the semantics of sentence structure.

....and once again you were just using yet another scenario as a segue to tell everyone how great you think you are.

I don't think many here are buying what you are selling.
And so?

All that....and zip, squat, nada.

And as we all know....words have different meanings...they are homonyms...I'd give you examples.....but I just don't think you have what it takes pard...

Called down.....by who exactly? Someone you admire or are intimidated by? Or have a man crush or something? Weird. Such reverence......

My statements stand.

Find someone with a modicum of education and have them hold your hand through it. Maybe your man crush...

quad decade guy

Well I don’t think that’s what I’m saying, I’m saying maybe you could say it different to the people you work with.

Most people that work at UPS aren’t going to get warm and fuzzy feelings from the word “discipline” so while you’re local should probably be able to change for the better maybe you could as well. The only people I hear say the word discipline is management. So you could be right and use the wrong words. I don’t think I’ve ever wanted someone to get terminated and lose their livelihood.
Well,

See, you still don't get it. Context. I've said what, discipline not disciplinary action. Disciplinary action is what happens when someone is punished.

Discipline as in eating discipline, health discipline, safety discipline, on and on and on. Martial arts for example requires discipline. Losing weight. Quitting smoking etc. These are commonly used in everyday speech.

Somehow that just never translated with you. Such was your zeal for your personal attacks.

There is a whole world out there besides UPS. Different words and meanings and everything. We had a GT(It wasn't called that back then)class for vocabulary in the 5th grade. In that, not everyone in our grade got to take that class....by invitation only.

If the only place you've ever heard the word discipline is UPS......you need to broaden your horizons....

And don't lecture me about the words I need to use or when or where. And who made you arbiter of speech? Especially given your limited experience and assuming education.

You ripped me on this thread. Back at ya.

Thebrownblob

Well,

See, you still don't get it. Context. I've said what, discipline not disciplinary action. Disciplinary action is what happens when someone is punished.

Discipline as in eating discipline, health discipline, safety discipline, on and on and on. Martial arts for example requires discipline. Losing weight. Quitting smoking etc. These are commonly used in everyday speech.

Somehow that just never translated with you. Such was your zeal for your personal attacks.

There is a whole world out there besides UPS. Different words and meanings and everything. We had a GT(It wasn't called that back then)class for vocabulary in the 5th grade. In that, not everyone in our grade got to take that class....by invitation only.

If the only place you've ever heard the word discipline is UPS......you need to broaden your horizons....

And don't lecture me about the words I need to use or when or where. And who made you arbiter of speech? Especially given your limited experience and assuming education.

You ripped me on this thread. Back at ya.
I mean use whatever word you want, we’re not talking about the world outside UPS.
If you use the term “discipline” with your other union brothers and sisters they will just turn you off. Or you could be like one of the old Teamsters when I started 30+ years ago they took me aside and explain how things work. Stuck with me ever since. You’ve been around a long time I’m sure you have plenty of knowledge to give to the next crew before you move on.

quad decade guy

Calling people non athletic is very immature. Silly too.
I didn't call him "non-athletic".

He had never heard the word discipline outside of UPS.....most athletes are disciplined in their routines(this is an analogy for safety discipline), philosophies and training......showing a certain level of immaturity...I agree. And as silly as never hearing the word discipline outside of UPS is.....thick refers to headspace(for all interested).

quad decade guy

I mean use whatever word you want, we’re not talking about the world outside UPS.
If you use the term “discipline” with your other union brothers and sisters they will just turn you off. Or you could be like one of the old Teamsters when I started 30+ years ago they took me aside and explain how things work. Stuck with me ever since. You’ve been around a long time I’m sure you have plenty of knowledge to give to the next crew before you move on.
If they are as obtuse as you.....I agree. I'll add, some will never be reached. Some(God forbid) will also die or be injured.....

And thanks for granting me the use of any word I want....

Do you see how bizarre your notion is of even speaking the word? Your fellow teamsters aren't capable of concepts and ideas? Wow.

And those 30+ guys are some of the most unsafe and impossibly obtuse. Angry, punitive and a singular mindset. Many on display right here on BC.

I've worked with plenty of folks just like you......

Thebrownblob

I didn't call him "non-athletic".

He had never heard the word discipline outside of UPS.....most athletes are disciplined in their routines(this is an analogy for safety discipline), philosophies and training......showing a certain level of immaturity...I agree. And as silly as never hearing the word discipline outside of UPS is.....thick refers to headspace(for all interested).
You keep saying that, it’s really funny I totally understand what the word means and what you’re trying to explain. I simply telling you if it’s not working change the word. Maybe use coaching, maybe use training. People will be a lot more receptive especially when another hourly is trying to explain to another hourly what they’re doing is unsafe. Or you can continue to be a Abrasive and stuck in your ways and want to flush everyone Who you feel are being unsafe, that may not have even had the proper training, at which point no one will listen to you and you’ll still have the same problem and probably more of it. I don’t know if you came here just to complain or to get other peoples perspective. Any of us that have worked here multiple decades have some “discipline”. Obviously including yourself but can you get the attention of the next generation (sometimes even the old dogs with bad habits) to pass it on in a way they will be receptive?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
If they are as obtuse as you.....I agree. I'll add, some will never be reached. Some(God forbid) will also die or be injured.....

And thanks for granting me the use of any word I want....

Do you see how bizarre your notion is of even speaking the word? Your fellow teamsters aren't capable of concepts and ideas? Wow.

And those 30+ guys are some of the most unsafe and impossibly obtuse. Angry, punitive and a singular mindset. Many on display right here on BC.

I've worked with plenty of folks just like you......
Stop bullying people…

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You keep saying that, it’s really funny I totally understand what the word means and what you’re trying to explain. I simply telling you if it’s not working change the word. Maybe use coaching, maybe use training. People will be a lot more receptive especially when another hourly is trying to explain to another hourly what they’re doing is unsafe. Or you can continue to be a Abrasive and stuck in your ways and want to flush everyone Who you feel are being unsafe, that may not have even had the proper training, at which point no one will listen to you and you’ll still have the same problem and probably more of it. I don’t know if you came here just to complain or to get other peoples perspective. Any of us that have worked here multiple decades have some “discipline”. Obviously including yourself but can you get the attention of the next generation (sometimes even the old dogs with bad habits) to pass it on in a way they will be receptive?
He’s too obtuse

quad decade guy

IDK.

Hell, you are fighting it and I haven't even said anything except safety discipline.

IDK what "flush everyone" means....

Deliberately obstinate people find any "discipline" abrasive. Telling a person for the 5th time to use a cone if you are standing behind trailers being coupled is a good idea if not life saving is abrasive.....well gosh. Watching someone drive 20 mph INSIDE the building and saying something is abrasive.....what can I say? Running every stop sign on property(including at crosswalks) is abrasive......what to do? Having a personal friend smeared on a dock door.......and reminding folks to wear a vest is a good if not life saving idea.....

Stuck in my ways? You mean Circle of Honor 31 years, no lost time injuries 41 years? 41 years service? Makes me abrasive.....so be it.

And yeah, certain folks hate my guts for this......but then lot's of them have years worth of injuries....some can't string 2 years safe driving together....many have been fired multiple times.

BTW, if you know of my meaning(discipline)....then you have been intellectually dishonest. It doesn't work for you. So what?

Thebrownblob

IDK.

Hell, you are fighting it and I haven't even said anything except safety discipline.

Deliberately obstinate people find any "discipline" abrasive. Telling a person for the 5th time to use a cone if you are standing behind trailers being coupled is a good idea if not life saving is abrasive.....well gosh. Watching someone drive 20 mph INSIDE the building and saying something is abrasive.....what can I say? Running every stop sign on property(including at crosswalks) is abrasive......what to do? Having a personal friend smeared on a dock door.......and reminding folks to wear a vest is a good if not life saving idea.....

Stuck in my ways? You mean Circle of Honor 31 years, no lost time injuries 41 years? 41 years service? Makes me abrasive.....so be it.

And yeah, certain folks hate my guts for this......but then lot's of them have years worth of injuries....some can't string 2 years safe driving together....many have been fired multiple times.

BTW, if you know of my meaning(discipline)....then you have been intellectually dishonest. It doesn't work for you. So what?
“Until we can finally flush out(like a dump) the deliberately obstinate...and the obtuse......we will struggle with safety and security. And with that, job security”

Your words

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
IDK.

Quad I need some advice.I have grievances going as far back as June that have never been resolved.We were supposed to meet with the building manager in Sept. we never did. The ba said he was going to the labor board (which he didn't).In Nov the BA said he was going to give the building manager another chance.He never met with us.The BA now will not respond to my texts or messages what would you do if you were in my situation?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Quad I need some advice.I have grievances going as far back as June that have never been resolved.We were supposed to meet with the building manager in Sept. The ba said he was going to the labor board.In Nov the BA said he was going to give the building manager another chance.He never met with us.The BA now will not respond to my texts or messages what would you do if you were in my situation?
Those obstinate, obtuse bastards need discipline! Or flush them out!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Quad I need some advice.I have grievances going as far back as June that have never been resolved.We were supposed to meet with the building manager in Sept. we never did. The ba said he was going to the labor board (which he didn't).In Nov the BA said he was going to give the building manager another chance.He never met with us.The BA now will not respond to my texts or messages what would you do if you were in my situation?
He would likely use the situation as a springboard on an anonymous internet site to tell everyone about what a great, well rounded, overachiever he sees himself as.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

“Until we can finally flush out(like a dump) the deliberately obstinate...and the obtuse......we will struggle with safety and security. And with that, job security”

Your words
He would likely use the situation as a springboard on an anonymously internet site to tell everyone about what a great, well rounded, overachiever he sees himself as.
Doesn’t he have a Corvette? Where’s the pictures?