video/photo recording?

browntroll

got a text from my friend at a socal hub he says they have a full time sup thats been
going around video recording them and taking pictures of them. he said the full time sup has
been trying to write ppl up for whatever he can im just wondering if this is okay for management to do? i dont think i have ever seen this in my hub only pictures i see sups take is for damages
of leakers and safety examples.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
got a text from my friend at a socal hub he says they have a full time sup thats been
going around video recording them and taking pictures of them. he said the full time sup has
been trying to write ppl up for whatever he can im just wondering if this is okay for management to do? i dont think i have ever seen this in my hub only pictures i see sups take is for damages

Smile for the camera!

At least they know they are being recorded, instead of hidden cameras.

PrimeUPS

The question isn't can they, the question is have you read the CBA and is there a clause within the national master or your local supplement that prohibits it, if there isn't - guess what? Yes, it's perfectly fine. It's only not okay when it's in writing.

browntroll

ok, just wondering since my hub it says no picture or video recording of any kind past the guard shack.
not sure if his hub is the same or not since ppl are only allowed phones with a pass.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
All that is needed to put a stop to this would be for a female employee to complain to HR about him looking down her shirt and filming her while she worked. Terms like "harassment" and "hostile work enviornment" tend to get a prompt response.

PT Car Washer

ok, just wondering since my hub it says no picture or video recording of any kind past the guard shack.
not sure if his hub is the same or not since ppl are only allowed phones with a pass.
That is for employees only. The company has recording devices hidden in many places around my building. We had one girl record the hub manager doing hourly work on her cell phone. Posted it on social media and filed a grievance. She was fired with just a couple months short of 25 years. Never came back.

box_beeyotch

I got disciplined and almost terminated for video recording a part time sup on the local sort doing a pick off. I was going to use it as evidence for a grievance. I was about a year into my ups career when this happened.

box_beeyotch

Apparently its ok for them to film us but not the other way around.

Yep. That's exactly right. I've heard stories of my center manager having photos of drivers on route on his phone....and for what purpose?? To use against us...but as soon as we do the same we get disciplined. Feels like their the police and were criminals.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
All that is needed to put a stop to this would be for a female employee to complain to HR about him looking down her shirt and filming her while she worked. Terms like "harassment" and "hostile work enviornment" tend to get a prompt response.

So you are telling someone to lie and make a false report.

Let's not stoop to management's level.

If he was "looking down her shirt," by all means file that report. But as long as he was just filming employees doing their jobs, it is not a hostile work environment or harrassment.

Filing a false sexual harrassment claim will not stop the filming. It will only bring the full force of UPS down on her.

Filing a false sexual harrassment claim is a dischargeable offense.

Dishonesty.

It will probably not stick, but how many days pay will she lose before she is put back.

There is nothing in the contract to stop UPS from filming you or installing hidden cameras to film you when you don't know about it.

They can also use this footage against you. It will never stop unless, until we can get it in the CBA.

And that will never happen.

Smile for the camera and make sure you work by the methods when it's your turn to be on the big screen.

Wait until he stops filming before you pick your nose, adjust your junk or pull the hot sweaty underwear from your crack.

porkwagon

If he was "looking down her shirt," by all means file that report. But as long as he was just filming employees doing their jobs, it is not a hostile work environment or harrassment.

Filing a false sexual harrassment claim will not stop the filming. It will only bring the full force of UPS down on her.

Dishonesty.

It will probably not stick, but how many days pay will she lose before she is put back.

There is nothing in the contract to stop UPS from filming you or installing hidden cameras to film you when you don't know about it.

They can also use this footage against you. It will never stop unless, until we can get it in the CBA.

Smile for the camera and make sure you work by the methods when it's your turn to be on the big screen.

Wait until he stops filming before you pick your nose, adjust your junk or pull the hot sweaty underwear from your crack.

Dishonesty.

Sober did not say to lie and file a false report. He said,"All that is needed to put a stop to this would be for a female employee to complain to HR about him looking down her shirt and filming her while she worked."

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Sober did not say to lie and file a false report. He said,"All that is needed to put a stop to this would be for a female employee to complain to HR about him looking down her shirt and filming her while she worked."

OK. Lie to HR.

By the way, HR will interview her, and her statements will go into a report before they act on it and investigate.

False report. Dischargeable offense.

All I'm suggesting is not to do what Sober suggested. Too much fallout.

Live with the cameras for now.

porkwagon

OK. Lie to HR.

By the way, HR will interview her, and her statements will go into a report before they act on it and investigate.

False report. Dischargeable offense.

All I'm suggesting is not to do what Sober suggested. Too much fallout.

Live with the cameras for now.
No. Do not lie to HR.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No. Do not lie to HR.

Agreed. Do not lie to HR.

I meant that I changed my original statement about what Sober said from lying and filing a false report to just lying to HR.

You were correct. He did not say to "file" a false report, but he did say to lie to HR.

Although, as I said, HR will get a statement from this ficticious woman. By lying to HR in a statement is the same as filing a false report.

A report will be created from her statememts.

porkwagon

Agreed. Do not lie to HR.

I meant that I changed my original statement about what Sober said from lying and filing a false report to just lying to HR.

You were correct. He did not say to "file" a false report, but he did say to lie to HR.

Although, as I said, HR will get a statement from this ficticious woman. By lying to HR in a statement is the same as filing a false report.

A report will be created from her statememts.
Where does Sober say to lie? Or is that your interpretation?