virtual check rides? On topic please

Oldfart

What's saying he didn't with no response.
Then he is a total idiot for walking a mall and looking for a pu with no store info. How many stores are in a mall. 50? 75? Is he gonna walk in every store looking for a package? Only a real tool would do that.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It was "supposed" to be accessible to engineers only in the initial stages of each rollout (Powerpad and truck) in order to work the bugs out.
So says our resident corporate apologist who “supposedly” left the company over 6 months ago.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If it makes anyone feel better, the school bus transportation company in my area has real time-live feed satellite video of their busses. I was given a demonstration by their dispatcher, and they were able to zoom in close enough to identify a driver in their parking lot. It videotapes and time stamps locations, as well as speed.

If a local school system transportation office has this capability, what do you think FedEx can do??

bacha29

This is becoming Orwellian in nature. Perhaps "I Robot" or "Silent Running" or even "Colossus The Forbin Project". Controlling every human movement as is the case with you couriers. Wonder what's next? Sensors to track every emotion?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
This is becoming Orwellian in nature. Perhaps "I Robot" or "Silent Running" or even "Colossus The Forbin Project". Controlling every human movement as is the case with you couriers. Wonder what's next? Sensors to track every emotion?
No. Sensors in the trucks like UPS’ Telematics.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I like the usage of quotation marks.

The guy I was responding to used quotation marks around that word in a implication that the company said one thing when it intended to do another. I used them as well, since it was made clear that the info in question was to only be accessed by engineers in the early stages of the rollouts.

!Retired!

GPS, pinging, real time tracking, etc etc etc. Who cares? Do your job and you don't need to worry. If anyone questions your SPH or return to building time, they can simply bring up your day and see you weren't monkeying around.