Volume

Upsucks

I see where union president said volume will drop I'm just getting started and been working steady I'd like to qualify before a lay off. What should I do in case of a lay off?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's weird. In my opinion, there is a far higher chance of constant volume than that of a slowdown.
Could go either way, but Wednesday was typical UPS. 4.5 hours to do 1050 pieces + 150 add-cuts. Qualifying driver left at 9:50.

Dough99

I see where union president said volume will drop I'm just getting started and been working steady I'd like to qualify before a lay off. What should I do in case of a lay off?
Volume will not drop. Where do you think people will go to once stores and malls close?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
As more places are told to shelter in place people will start to worry and stop spending. The volume will dry up pretty quickly.
Maybe but maybe not. Everyone looks like they will get some checks from the government and they will buy useless crap anyway. Plus half the people put stuff on cc so I imagine they would get bored and but random stuff.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Maybe but maybe not. Everyone looks like will get some checks from the government and they will buy useless crap anyway. Plus half the people out stuff on cc so I imagine they would get bored and but random stuff.

Yes but who is going to ship this stuff also if people are being told to shelter in place?

Yes but who is going to ship this stuff also if people are being told to shelter in place?
Screenshot_20200318-173414.png

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Amazon like UPS was deemed essential. They will still be delivering a ton of their own goods. I'm not saying we wont be delivering things. I'm just saying it won't be normal business volume. I think it's going to slow.
Yea we don’t have amazon drivers here yet so I guess I’ll be delivering their crap. Put me in coach!!!