• Healthcare

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Other - specify

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Hadjabear

I voted raises, but for part timers is ridiculous that someone who is part time for 10 years can make almost double a new hire hourly and do half the work i.e. irreg drive, package audit, re wrap, even easier loads to load. Increase progression to $20 hr red circle everyone above it, 5 year progression with $15/hr starting.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Immediate termination for "ANYTHING". Fired means you are fired. Local Hearing with in two weeks. No, that is not how it works now, too many hurt feelings when you walk them out right away.

Production is put in the contract, we work together to determine what is a fair days work for a fair days pay.

Bonus pay for all for all Locals in the Master Contract.

Avoidable crash or injury, automatic 1 week suspension Local Panel 3 Co and 3 Union decide if its avoidable.

9.5 language eliminated.

Immediate termination for "ANYTHING". Fired means you are fired. Local Hearing with in two weeks. No, that is not how it works now, too many hurt feelings when you walk them out right away.

Production is put in the contract, we work together to determine what is a fair days work for a fair days pay.

Avoidable crash or injury, automatic 1 week suspension Local Panel 3 Co and 3 Union decide if its avoidable.

9.5 language eliminated.
Can we have out Turkey back?

LeadBelly

Banned

9.5 language eliminated.
Man do I wish I could be dropped into your center for a while or you came to my local. Either or.

Returntosender

Since New York is saying their will be two tiered wages in the upcoming agreement.
How about a 401K match for part time union employee's. 5.6 billion dollars in profits for 2016.

UPS Preloader

Do you have any ideas as to what to do with the employees already in their progression, but no completes? What about say a 5 or 6 year employee. Like a catch up raise of some sorts. What do you think about these ideas.

Thinking about it, I'd recommend a starting rate of $12.50. (Not $12.00)

Hadn't really given the implementation part much thought, but I guess I recommend something like this...

Start was $11.00, recommend $12.50
Anyone with less than 6 months seniority as of August 1, 2018 gets bumped to $12.50 and receives the negotiated wage increases starting with the second year of the new contract. (I.e., the 2019 wage increase.)

Anyone with more than 6 months seniority as of August 1, 2018, but less than one year gets bumped to $12.50 and receives all the negotiated wage increases of the new CBA.

All others in progression get bumped to $12.50 plus all progression increases received during the course of the 2013-2018 CBA plus all the negotiated wage increases of the new CBA.

Seniority plus one (1) year was $11.50 - Increase to $13.00. (Plus all the negotiated wage increases of the new CBA.)

Seniority plus two (2) years was $12.00 - Increase to $13.50 (Plus all the negotiated wage increases of the new CBA.)

Seniority plus three (3) years was $13.00 - Increase to $14.50 (Plus all the negotiated wage increases of the new CBA.)

Seniority plus three (3) years was $13.50 - Increase to $15.00 (Plus all the negotiated wage increases of the new CBA.)

All employees attaining seniority after August 1, 1987 receive the same increase as the highest increase given to anyone in progression in the same facility.

Employees attaining seniority prior to August 1, 1987 receive all the negotiated wage increase of the new CBA. (No bump up.)

clean hairy

As a part-timer I obviously have different priorities than full-timers do, but I'd say raises, harassment, guaranteed hours, and breaks.

I think part-timers should be making in the neighborhood of about $15.00/hr, minimum. The sooner healthcare is available, the lower we can go on that.

In addition to the raise, I'd like to see skilled pay raises eliminated with employees that have it currently grandfathered in. The company claims that there are no skilled positions anymore anyway, and the raises are being abused as a form of favoritism. Fighting the favoritism risks throwing union brothers and sisters under the bus (I can think of one incident in which an entire class of employees lost their $1 because someone grieved it saying they should get it too), and accepting the fact that your supervisor won't give you the raise means performing the same work for less money (seniority and time with the company notwithstanding).

Increase the daily guarantee for PTers up to 4 hours. We get paid 4 hours for vacation and option time, our daily guarantee should be 4 hours too. Make the guarantee and the point at which an employee begins to earn OT the same. Full-time employees are both guaranteed 8 hours, and earn OT after 8 hours. I think it should be the same for PTers.

As @Indecisi0n said, a real penalty for harassment. Quoting company policy and requesting action "up to and including discharge" on the grievance raises eyebrows, but doesn't actually do anything.

Finally, breaks. We don't always get ours. We have to ask, demand, whatever. And sometimes we still don't get them. I've got better things to do than sit down in the UPS building for 10 minutes after I'm finished working, just to collect the money that I'm owed. But more than that, the important issue to me is the break itself, not the money. As we all know, UPS only responds to monetary incentives. I'd like the penalty on supervisors forgetting to give us breaks, or straight up not allowing them, to be 1 hour of paid time, paid as though you had worked it (in other words, if you finish at 4:45 hours and didn't take break, you'd be paid for 15 minutes straight time, and 45 minutes overtime). A 5:45 hr day instead of 4:45. If that makes sense.
P/T breaks are to be taken between the end of the 1st hour, and prior to the end of the 3rd hour. If you are not getting your break within that time frame, FILE! It is in the contract.

LeadBelly

Banned
Thinking about it, I'd recommend a starting rate of $12.50. (Not $12.00)

Hadn't really given the implementation part much thought, but I guess I recommend something like this...

Start was $11.00, recommend $12.50
Anyone with less than 6 months seniority as of August 1, 2018 gets bumped to $12.50 and receives the negotiated wage increases starting with the second year of the new contract. (I.e., the 2019 wage increase.)

Anyone with more than 6 months seniority as of August 1, 2018, but less than one year gets bumped to $12.50 and receives all the negotiated wage increases of the new CBA.

All others in progression get bumped to $12.50 plus all progression increases received during the course of the 2013-2018 CBA plus all the negotiated wage increases of the new CBA.

Seniority plus one (1) year was $11.50 - Increase to $13.00. (Plus all the negotiated wage increases of the new CBA.)

Seniority plus two (2) years was $12.00 - Increase to $13.50 (Plus all the negotiated wage increases of the new CBA.)

Seniority plus three (3) years was $13.00 - Increase to $14.50 (Plus all the negotiated wage increases of the new CBA.)

Seniority plus three (3) years was $13.50 - Increase to $15.00 (Plus all the negotiated wage increases of the new CBA.)

All employees attaining seniority after August 1, 1987 receive the same increase as the highest increase given to anyone in progression in the same facility.

Employees attaining seniority prior to August 1, 1987 receive all the negotiated wage increase of the new CBA. (No bump up.)
Thank you for taking the time to give your insight. I will turn that one in. I appreciate it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

9.5 language eliminated.

Thanks.... I needed a good laugh. :biggrin:

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Too many messed up pension funds. Some guys get a ton, some hardly get anything

It's funny you mention this.

In 2008 when the new UPS/IBT fund was created, there was this;

Memorandum of Understanding

"United Parcel Service, Inc. (Ohio and New York Corporation), as a demonstration of its commitment to maintaining jointly administered Teamster pension benefit plans, and to enhance the long term stability of pension coverage for its employees represented by Teamster Local Unions, agrees that for a period of ten (10) years from the effective date of the National Master Agreement, it will not solicit any signatory Local Union to change pension plans, either by proposing such change during future negotiations of the National Master Agreement or by encouraging its employees to advocate withdrawal from participation in their current pension plan."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

10 years.... is up.

I'm wondering, if there is going to be any further "movement" by the company to offer

to include any other plans.

-Bug-