Votes: 2 5.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Other - specify

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
I don't think $15 is greedy at all, all things considered. If you adjust for inflation, the $8/hr or so PTers made back in the 80s is higher than what even I proposed, and in my opinion $20/hr is closer to what we deserve for the work we do and the bull:censored2: we put up with every day.

But more than that, the union should be setting the wage standard, not the government. So when minimum wage surpasses whatever hourly rate the Teamsters manage to negotiate, that's just embarassing. $12/hr will be less than my state's minimum wage by the time the next contract ends. And you better believe that if the minimum wage is higher than the contractual rate, the difference will be subtracted from raises...just like it is now.

And for what it's worth, I don't think UPS could staff my building for $12/hr if that was the new starting rate tomorrow any more than they can do so now for $10.20/$11.00.

In exchange for the higher starting rate, I'm willing to see progression extended by one or two years and the skilled pay raise eliminated, for reasons I already went over. I don't have as big a problem with progression as I do with the skilled pay being used for favoritism.
We can agree the current 10.20 starting rate is absolutely rediculous given the amount of physical work and harassment / stress we adore each day. I'd say starting rate should be at least 13.00, keep the OT after 5 hr, eliminate the 3.5 hr garentee and make it 5 hrs... and $20hr to load up trucks? Hell.. I want a full 5 year college tuition reimbursement then. Lmao

542thruNthru

In that case give me my full pension at 30 and out with healthcare

It's not fair that guys who started at ups at 17-18 have to work till 55. It's physically too much to ask

I started at 18 and can retire at 52.

Can you start taking your 401k at 55 without a penalty? Sorry you have to work till 55 but it's still better then 59

Faceplanted

I started at 18 and can retire at 52.

Can you start taking your 401k at 55 without a penalty? Sorry you have to work till 55 but it's still better then 59
I can take my Roth 401k as it has already been taxed if I were to retire early. As long as you "retire". I highly reccomend everybody invest in both a Roth and a regular 401k

I'm alll for the tier 80 that the west has another option.