Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It’s getting ratified, part timers far out number fulltimers, and the part timers look at this as a windfall, we’re doomed.
They won't vote. anyone have numbers on the last voter turnout for part timers? If I recall correctly the last contract I voted on the total turnout was less than 35%. A straw poll was taken at my hub and about 80% of the feeder drivers voted. So what does that leave for part timers?

10% part timer vote?

Light

am new to ups so you made seniority does that mean you got qualified or hired in March
I am new upsers my hire date is in may 2018. But i still need to qualify however I am done all my training and backgrounds and dot and interview so will I be with all the current drivers or will I be in the new contract after August Because qualification will take to late August or September

Who am I or you to say what is best for them?

DOK

It’s getting ratified, part timers far out number fulltimers, and the part timers look at this as a windfall, we’re doomed.
Who am I or you to say what is best for them?

This contract is best for nobody in the long run. The part timers will see the chance to get a short term benefit with increased pay by being able to go out and deliver for a few hours a day along with their regular part time shift. Not realizing that it’s undermining their future 15 years down the road. Delivering of ground packages has been has been reserved for full time employees for a reason, to preserve full time jobs. Part time jobs and full time jobs should be kept separate period.

Heavy Package

I wrote it in the most simplest terms so that folks such as Fred Flintstone and Spock could be able to interpret

Yeah, but it wasn't dumbed down to Teamster level.

hqdefault.jpg

DoYouEvenLift

I don’t know why you guys would even consider a first offer. In negotiations, you never ever take the first offer.

This exactly. We have strike power, the company CANNOT afford for us to strike, there's virtual unemployment with more openings than people seeking them, corporations are getting a 14% tax break, and they are projected to make 6 billion in profit.

They can definitely afford to give us more

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Raises are for poor people. All I need is a pension boost and nice retiree healthcare.
WOW, it is amazing that with the press releases this week that is like the ONLY positive that is in the "agreement" which benefit us hourlies. What are the odds that this is your point?

NOT if YOU educate all the part timers around you! You know the company won't do that.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Raises are for poor people. All I need is a pension boost and nice retiree healthcare.
Though I wouldn't go as far to say raises are for poor people. I usually up the 401k with my raises. I agree with your other points, however.
It's a damn shame we don't get some sort of match. I remember the Thrift Plan back in the day. Of course I was too young and stupid to take advantage of it then.

Blackadder 2

Folks ,

We , the people , the backbone,heart eat and spirit of this beloved corporation are being sold down river , very , very cheap . We can do so much better than what is being shoved down our throats or up our rear ends . What our Teamster negotiation committee members are tentatively agreeing to is so beneath what we deserve . Let's start with the wages , yes we are already paid nicely but we "earn" it , dont we !!! . What is $4.15 over 5 years , roughly 83 cents a year . What happened to the days of $1.00 , $1.25 , hell 95 cent raises ? U.P.S. recieved such a nice tax cut , from 35% to 21% , and this is the best they can do ? , "NO" !!! . They are forecasted to net 6 , six , BILLION dollar profit this year alone (then add newly added tax cuts ) . We live in the most prosperous nation in the world , our economy is exploding . I'm not getting into politics ,however we have a "BILLION" dollar President , a businessman at that . Why should we vote "NO" is a no brainer ? It's our time , we deserve more , the economy is ripe, tax cuts on businesses , labor shortages, CDL driver shortage , we control the shipping industry all adds up to "it's there for the taking " . This might be our last time in a while to capitalize on all that is front of us . The most that can happen if we fail to vote "no" is we move ahead with this subpar contract , BUT if we were to overwhelmingly vote "NO" we send our representatives back to the table with so much more to gain , folks U.P.S. will bend , but we have to ask for it . We have to continue to engage our fellow coworkers, we have to use all tools available such as SOCIAL MEDIA , flyers , text , emails , parking lot meetings , Union hall meetings. We can do this folks , dont settle for this low ball offer , when we have so much more to gain at such a fruitful time . A vote "NO" does not mean we will go on strike , they still have til July 31st to wrap this up , but if a yes vote now will only get you what is being offered , and our representatives get to go back to playing golf and fancy dinners and vacays. Let's make them work for us , is that to much to ask ?? Remember this , what might be a nice contract for a senior feeder driver looking forward to retirement in a couple years , might look like crap to a new hire part time who is paying his dues , same thing for a combo employee and a package car driver . All that glitters , is not gold . Lastly , I will leave you with this , U.P.S. wants to succeed, so do you , corporate wants the numbers to keep going up , we want our bank accounts to keep thriving , our time with our families going up . Right now what is being offered is only a scratching of the surface of what we could have . And "NO" , I do not want a strike , that's why we send them back to the table to negotiate, but if we dont come together you will never no what you could have had . Unity folks , we can do this !!!!
"VOTE NO "

I vote for paragraphs.

altiman

Bottom line - $4.15 will at best keep us even with inflation, while UPS is making windfalls both from our work, and tax breaks. It is not just enough to vote no on the contract, but we must vote to get rid of Hoffa and his goons! I do not know if UPS is paying them off - but the Teamsters Union is doing everything it can to benefit UPS, at the expense of the membership. UPS could not buy better representation from the Teamsters then the Teamsters are giving them - unfortunately the Teamsters are supposed to be representing us - not UPS. It's time to vote no - and strike, if needed.