Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Bottom line - $4.15 will at best keep us even with inflation, while UPS is making windfalls both from our work, and tax breaks. It is not just enough to vote no on the contract, but we must vote to get rid of Hoffa and his goons! I do not know if UPS is paying them off - but the Teamsters Union is doing everything it can to benefit UPS, at the expense of the membership. UPS could not buy better representation from the Teamsters then the Teamsters are giving them - unfortunately the Teamsters are supposed to be representing us - not UPS. It's time to vote no - and strike, if needed.
Pilots received a 40-60k bonus depending if you were a captain or lower .... a raise off the bat along with 3% raises and a 40% bump in their pensions.... now I know we aren’t piloting a 70 million dollar jet but isn’t ups pilots highly compensated for what they do in regards to other airlines and such??? I don’t hear the uproar of mgt saying that the pilots are better compensated that other airlines and if we don’t lower the cost then we will go out of business... and I don’t expect a 60k bonus but how about at the very least a 3% pay raise like they received.... that in of itself is a no vote from me....it is barely a 2% raise.... wtf... we are arguing about .17 here with ups..... 1.00 raise minimum....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This exactly. We have strike power, the company CANNOT afford for us to strike, there's virtual unemployment with more openings than people seeking them, corporations are getting a 14% tax break, and they are projected to make 6 billion in profit.

They can definitely afford to give us more
It’s a joke.... none of the unions proposals at the national level were “ out of this world.....” and ups somehow wiggles their way out of this and that .....I don’t get it...there were periods during negotiations where the company was spending damn near one day dealing with 1 paragraph of the contract.... did the teamsters even once walk out of negotiations because of ups playing games....??

542thruNthru

There's no god.

Only Zuul!
mbizx4.gif

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

Bezos, Buffett and all the other crony's are winning. Buffett admits this publicly all the time. Labor is getting screwed. Stop punishing UPS and start punishing Amazon, FedEx, Uber, and all the other real dirt bags that are dragging us down.

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

National grid will screw its workers AND its customers AND society in general to get their bonuses. The investor class doesn't care about society any more. It's all about strippers and blow.

BrownTruckWannabe

With minimum wages trending towards 15 an hour in some places, as a part-timer is 13 an hour really a good deal? Also no more extra dollar for working preload. No, I want the 15 we talked about. Also, why would anyone want to work the weekends to get paid less?