VP-Rome A to run for General President of the IBT

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Did I say anywhere that's it easy
That's their standard response to anyone critical of an IBT official, whether it is at the local or international level.
Somehow they believe unless you have, or plan to run for the position in the future, you have no right to scrutinize.
Then, in an ironic twist, they chastise those who don't vote?

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Rome A has made it clear that he will be running for IBT General President and the Southwest has verbally given him their support.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Members have been asking their local leaders and business agents about Rome A and they reply with a smile "he's a very well respected guy, we like him."

When you ask them about hall they all reply, "he dropped the ball with this contract."

The guys that are tighter with the locals have made it clear they will be backing Rome in 2016.

Big Bad Wolf

That's their standard response to anyone critical of an IBT official, whether it is at the local or international level.
Somehow they believe unless you have, or plan to run for the position in the future, you have no right to scrutinize.
Then, in an ironic twist, they chastise those who don't vote?
Kinda like contract negotiations?

Where are you pigs now?

Brown Spider

This of course is what's coming out of the Southwest.

Exactly! And I would also have to agree with Upstate's "Whoop dee frickin' doo"! Rome may be a popular guy out west, but the total votes cast in each region would suggest that all roads do not lead to Rome.

Central Region 76,728

Eastern Region 72,646

Western Region 48,746

Southern Region 21,418

Teamsters Canada 10,789

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Exactly! And I would also have to agree with Upstate's "Whoop dee frickin' doo"! Rome may be a popular guy out west, but the total votes cast in each region would suggest that all roads do not lead to Rome.

Central Region 76,728

Eastern Region 72,646

Western Region 48,746

Southern Region 21,418

Teamsters Canada 10,789

Rome splitting the Old Guard vote with Hall benefits Zuckerman.

Nimnim

The Nim
....even if they were otherwise unqualified for the position....?

Yeah , do you think that person could do worst then what just happen

And tell me what makes a person unqualified

I love when people think a job is so easy.

Where are you pigs now?

Sure a driver would know more of what the people in the trenches are dealing with, but the politics involved with being in higher office could easily overwhelm them.

If a long term steward driver went for it, they'd certainly have a better handle on it than the average driver. Though some people will surprise you with what they can do.

It's like being in an HOA, we hate how they do things, but if you were in their shoes and had to deal with all the regulations and crap before doing anything how much would we want to do it?

IzzyTheNose

In Southern California the locals are freely telling the members that they are supporting Rome. Some say that Ron H will be his running mate as to get the Latino vote in Southern California.

But I think this alliance has to do more with Hoffa and the IBT trying to tap into the Western Conference Pension Fund to save all the other ones.

The majority of full-time employees within 396 are very unhappy with the job H and Phillips have done, and eagerly wait to vote that slate out. I can't imagine having H as Aloise's running mate, would help him more than hurt him.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
The majority of full-time employees within 396 are very unhappy with the job H and Phillips have done, and eagerly wait to vote that slate out. I can't imagine having H as Aloise's running mate, would help him more than hurt him.
Do you think Richard G stands a chance this time?