Walk off in Chicago?

Good one, 30. Spoke to my brother in Chicago and he said he saw union picket rules in a bathroom in a Chicago-area building. What the H*LL is Chicago THINKING??!? -Rocky
We`re thinking if we stop working for a week or so you guys in CO will be able to catch up.:laugh:

25yrvet

How 'bout it local 705 people?

Can you verify what I've heard??
"UPS walked out of neg. with 705 last week"
"Buttons handed out that say, 'Teamsters don't cross pickett lines'".

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
We`re thinking if we stop working for a week or so you guys in CO will be able to catch up.:laugh:

Sense of humor...good. Seems this is sorely lacking in UPS circles. I do remember several supervisors in Chicago that had very dry senses of humor, though. Sort manager was the worst offender of all. Grabbed his radio, called out, "Jim, I'm standin here at Bay 36 and one of your fine sorters just sent an OPEN box of bolts down the belt!" I flipped and the part-timer was right there when it happened. Part-timer said something like, "Jesus, calm down! He didn't REALLY call that out over the radio! I saw it all!"

How 'bout it local 705 people?

Can you verify what I've heard??
"UPS walked out of neg. with 705 last week"
"Buttons handed out that say, 'Teamsters don't cross pickett lines'".

So, is this more than just "saber-rattling" by the Union? 705 people, anything about a "wildcat" walkout?:ohmy:

I talked to a co-worker this morning and he said UPS walked out of a panel meeting last week so the union said ok and gave them 72 hours notice. Come monday morning the company changes face and is all ready to work things out. Lately around here the company has been playing games by deadlocking everything and having a take it or leave it attitude and everybody in the locals a fed up so they show them how easy it is to play by the rules and still shut them down.

trickpony1

I talked to a co-worker this morning and he said UPS walked out of a panel meeting last week so the union said ok and gave them 72 hours notice. Come monday morning the company changes face and is all ready to work things out. Lately around here the company has been playing games by deadlocking everything and having a take it or leave it attitude and everybody in the locals a fed up so they show them how easy it is to play by the rules and still shut them down.

I wish our local had balls like that.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

Sounds like saber rattling on the part of the union or brinkmanship. Its a little too early for these games, folks!! -Rocky

Sounds like saber rattling on the part of the union or brinkmanship. Its a little too early for these games, folks!! -Rocky
Games? As I stated the company walked away from a panel not the union and when the union called their bluff they came back.This has nothing to do with the next contract ,this is enforcing the one we have now. Besides this doesn`t affect you as we have a seperate contract here in Chicago. But thanks for the negotiating tips.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Games? As I stated the company walked away from a panel not the union and when the union called their bluff they came back.This has nothing to do with the next contract ,this is enforcing the one we have now. Besides this doesn`t affect you as we have a seperate contract here in Chicago. But thanks for the negotiating tips.

I think you may have taken my comments out of context, CACH. My apologies for rattling your cage.

I said games because UPS looooooooovvveeessss to play them and does so very well. Enforcing the one in effect now is the same as telling the company to beware for '08. IMHO, this was a test of 705. I'd say the company got their answer. I say well done for standing up for yourselves and your contract!!! -Rocky

LKLND3380

What is this about? Official Contract negotiations have plenty of time that a walk out is not even an option...

LKLND3380

So this is the suppliment and not the master agreement? Even though we have seperate agreements a violation is a violation by UPS against the Teamsters.

That should mean a nationwide walk off... Not just Chicago and business as usual for UPS around the country

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
I was hoping on a wildcat strike, i would of liked to see my sup trying to do my route!!!!

seriously though that would be real bad for business, would generate huge negative publicity!!!!

What is this about? Official Contract negotiations have plenty of time that a walk out is not even an option...
This was a grievance panel,not a contract negotiation. and yes, with our seperate contracts it is possible to have a strike locally without a national strike. There has been two,one day walkouts since I came to Cach.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
This was a grievance panel,not a contract negotiation. and yes, with our seperate contracts it is possible to have a strike locally without a national strike. There has been two,one day walkouts since I came to Cach.

Heard about these happening in Chicago before. CACH, when did you guys walk for a day? -Rocky

worldwide

January 24, 2007

The following is a statement from hall, Director of the Teamsters Parcel and Small Package Division and Co-Chairman of the Teamsters National UPS Negotiating Committee:

"It has come to my attention that there are rumors circulating that a Teamsters strike at UPS is imminent. These rumors are false. We are in the process of negotiating the National Master United Parcel Service Agreement that covers more than 200,000 Teamsters at UPS. We have begun negotiations early so that we can address the critical issues facing our members, and we are doing that now. The current contract does not expire until August 1, 2008 and the provisions of that agreement will remain in effect until that time, including the mutual commitment of the parties not to interrupt operations by either a strike or lockout. We are also in the process of negotiating a first contract for 125 workers at UPS Freight-formerly Overnite Transportation-in Indianapolis. The negotiations process is continuing and nothing has occurred that would give the Union reason to consider taking economic action."

UPS Strike Rumors False