Walked out yesterday: Need help

R1Raven

Ok so after two years of unloading I was starting to break down. I had things going on outside of work to add to the stress. Anyways after 2 and a half hours I was just like "friend it I'm done." I then got into an argument with management about how I'm disrespecting my full time if I leave early and how I didn't finish the job. I told him it was not an issue of respect for anybody and that I just finished my truck. I was fed up and he just told me to go ahead and quit and to throw my ID in the trash. So I threw it in the trash, clocked out, and left. My only question is do I still get paid for my unused vacation for next month?
Thank you.

Random_Facts

Management can make anyone more stressed with the little quirks they give employees. Frustrating it sure can be. As they say, life is to short to be miserable all the time. So in your heart if you think you did the right choice, then right on! keep it strong. =D

Okay thank you, and I hate it ended the way it did, but I don't hate the fact I'm done with that place.

Uh, you might want to check into Kleinsters background before heaping the praise on his savvy job advice. He wasn`t able to be a man and walk out on his own. He had to have help.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Ok so after two years of unloading I was starting to break down. I had things going on outside of work to add to the stress. Anyways after 2 and a half hours I was just like "friend it I'm done." I then got into an argument with management about how I'm disrespecting my full time if I leave early and how I didn't finish the job. I told him it was not an issue of respect for anybody and that I just finished my truck. I was fed up and he just told me to go ahead and quit and to throw my ID in the trash. So I threw it in the trash, clocked out, and left. My only question is do I still get paid for my unused vacation for next month?
Thank you.
R1Raven,

I am very sorry you are feeling stress in your life.

I hope I don't trouble you with this question.

What do you think of work conditions and culture at UPS?

Sincerely,
I

klein

Für Meno :)
Uh, you might want to check into Kleinsters background before heaping the praise on his savvy job advice. He wasn`t able to be a man and walk out on his own. He had to have help.

I walked out of a job after 14 years. No regrets either, for doing so.
Sometimes, enough is enough.
I never went to Kindergarten, and sure don't need it anywhere else !

Before that, I actually quit an 8 year job, with given 4 weeks notice, though.

moreluck

golden ticket member
SOMETIMES ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

YES IT IS!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Thank you.

Yes, because you earned the week already.

Can he/she still get a withdrawral card? I'm guessing yes...

JonFrum

Yes, because you earned the week already.

Can he/she still get a withdrawral card? I'm guessing yes...

Raven may also be entitled to any unused Sick Days as well. Check the appropriate Supplement.

And definately get a 50-cent Withdrawal Card from the Local. It will save you from back dues and initiation fees if you ever get another Teamster job.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thank you.
R1Raven,

How are you doing?

I hope you are doing well!

Sincerely,
I

whiskey

Two years of unloading. At 8 hours a day, that's roughly 200 feet of trailer a day. A thousand feet a week. And over two years time, you have unloaded an imaginary trailer equal to the length of a 26 mile marathon. And that my friend, is something to be very proud of. And something UPS can never take away from you. Good luck my friend. And thank you for all your hard work.

UPSGUY72

Two years of unloading. At 8 hours a day, that's roughly 200 feet of trailer a day. A thousand feet a week. And over two years time, you have unloaded an imaginary trailer equal to the length of a 26 mile marathon. And that my friend, is something to be very proud of. And something UPS can never take away from you. Good luck my friend. And thank you for all your hard work.

unless he was unloading pups.

UPSGUY72

Sometimes, enough is enough.

Yes you did walk out right after they fired you for drinking on the job.