Walking Past Security

EmraldArcher

If the security guard at your building has a visible swastika tattoo I would suggest talking to your sort manager about how it is offensive to your newly discovered Jewish heritage and how federal law entitles you to a harassment free workplace.

Deemster

It's people like you and me. They don't want to be there but they have to be there.

Because like you and me they have to grind against the time clock day in and day out so they can give all their earnings to a select few suits somewhere out golfing and what not.

Should shed a little light on how they approach and appreciate their job.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
soon we will have to go thru the detector to get into work after a few more workplace shootings.

one of the guards used to give me a hard time on the way out until I went to the supe and threatened a grievance that would put the time clock out to the guard shack and you would be on the clock till you passed thru.

Cowboy Mac

Im going to talk to my steward today and see what she says. So far I haven't heard any talk of discipline coming my way. I haven't seen the supervisor waiting for me in the guard shack. I think it's just a few security guards that are bitter because they have no actual power.

MendozaJ

If the security guard at your building has a visible swastika tattoo I would suggest talking to your sort manager about how it is offensive to your newly discovered Jewish heritage and how federal law entitles you to a harassment free workplace.

You don't have to be Jewish to be offended.

Uhh... You guys have security?

My building has LP watching security watching us and a mysterious black sedan at night with one or two occupants that, if I had to guess, is private armed security.

542thruNthru

Bull:censored2:. You can't get fired for contractually based discipline if you're off the clock.

I wasn't talking about leaving the building. The guy was smoking outside the building and he wasn't in a designated break area. A visiting supervisor asked him his name after he made him move. The guy lied and gave him a fake name.

I was only trying to warn him that he should be careful giving a fake name because it might come back to bite him.

Tough Guy

There's no way in hell I'd take my boots off. Especially if it's raining or something and all the water and slush has been trudged through the guard shack. Socks would get soaked.
They would just have to kiss my ass.

box_beeyotch

The sad reality is he could murder every last security guard in the booth, walk out and laugh about it...but sure go ahead and remove your steel toe boots.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I hate jerks that give the security guys a hard time. Why not just comply??? They have a job to do too, you know. What's the big frigging deal anyway? Christ!

rkctkc

I was once told I had to take my boots off, I complained that I felt it was unsanitary to walk through without my boots on, could catch a fungus or disease that someone left behind, and that I have sensitive feet. I may hurt my bare feet walking on the concrete. I threatened to sue the security company for forcing me to injure myself, they let me pass, and was never told to take off my boots again. This was several years ago before I became a driver

jaker

trolling
Instead of getting mad have some fun , when they ask you to take off your boots sit right there in the way and all of sudden get a knot and just waste as much time as you can to the point that the guy gets mad and everyone is pissed