Walking Past Security

PT Car Washer

Drivers shouldn't be scrutinized as hard as inside employees. If we were going to be thieves it's highly unlikely we'd bring the stolen item back to the building then walk through the guard shack. Thieves would hide it on area or something.
I suppose it does not matter because almost all drivers are white males and a lot of PTers are not. I know when I go through the guard shack in my browns I am treated different then when I come into work to work the sort. Sounds more like racism to me.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I suppose it does not matter because almost all drivers are white males and a lot of PTers are not. I know when I go through the guard shack in my browns I am treated different then when I come into work to work the sort. Sounds more like racism to me.
You are seriously the most ignorant person on this forum.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It's a question of "fairness" not of common sense. It just takes one person to play the race card and UPS had a headache so they have to make everyone miserable.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
No, he is right. We have PTers who also drive air or shuttle misloads. Senior drivers tend to ignore or look down on them when they are not in their browns.
As with anything anywhere, you're going to have a handful of morons who are racist, but it's not the norm in any of the centers (3) I've worked in. Also I and most of the drivers I work with all say hi to the inside guys in plain clothes walking out as we're walking in, regardless of skin color or what they're wearing.

I will say that there is a blonde prissy woman who works somewhere in an office job and would walk in toward the end of the night shift when I worked inside. I used to say hi to her and she would ignore me and keep walking, acting too good to talk to me.

Back when I went full time and started driving she would be leaving the building as I was walking in and she'd smile and say hi, so she clearly looked down on the inside workers or was afraid of them including me. We're both white by the way so race had nothing to do with it. I, of course, ignored her when she did that and pretended I didn't see her.

Cowboy Mac

It's profiling based on job classification. There's no racism involved because I'm a white male and for the most part security is white or Latino. Each time I've gone through, security gives the Part Timers a hard time. Drivers and supervisors get to walk right through. Like I said before, they almost let me walk through because they thought I could have been a sup or a mechanic.

Here's my question to you guys? Could I get in trouble for impersonation if I wore a supervisor polo or a drivers uniform to work? I'm pretty sure you can get uniforms online. Maybe I could shave my beard and keep a mustache as a disguise!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It's profiling based on job classification. There's no racism involved because I'm a white male and for the most part security is white or Latino. Each time I've gone through, security gives the Part Timers a hard time. Drivers and supervisors get to walk right through. Like I said before, they almost let me walk through because they thought I could have been a sup or a mechanic.

Here's my question to you guys? Could I get in trouble for impersonation if I wore a supervisor polo or a drivers uniform to work? I'm pretty sure you can get uniforms online. Maybe I could shave my beard and keep a mustache as a disguise!
You can't get a driver uniform but I think you can get a polo through Land's End.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Take one out of the locker room

MassWineGuy

Wow! Great, nay, brilliant idea to be nasty with your center's security staff.

What could they do? Hmmm. Gotta put this one through Watson, the IBM super computer.

Ah ha! If no one ever told you, UPS has cameras hidden everywhere. Security complains to a manager, who then identifies you on playback.

I'm sure nothing will happen because unloaders are very difficult to find. Keep up the good work.

JL 0513

No security at my center. No LP or anything. And we serve two cities out of our center with ghettos. Not like we're out solely in the country.

I could pull a black van into the truck bays, and leave 10 minutes later and no one would care.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No security at my center. No LP or anything. And we serve two cities out of our center with ghettos. Not like we're out solely in the country.

I could pull a black van into the truck bays, and leave 10 minutes later and no one would care.

We have pickup customers who bring packages processed after their driver has already made the pickup to the center. I watched one of them carry them in and put them on the belt.