Want to leave the company

wilberforce15

Nothing is sure proof
What about an internet outage?

I have full trading access on 2 cell phones with my Think or Swim app, from 2 different service providers (republic or verizon), a laptop with satellite internet, and cable at home. I keep such things on hand for exactly that.

And I don't need it, because the sell orders are automatic and will fill without my presence. They're triggered automatically anyway.

I have full trading access on 2 cell phones with my Think or Swim app, from 2 different service providers (republic or verizon), a laptop with satellite internet, and cable at home. I keep such things on hand for exactly that.

And I don't need it, because the sell orders are automatic and will fill without my presence. They're triggered automatically anyway.
Sounds like you got it all covered

Re-Raise

that's the idea. This is my job. So, I pay probably 120 to 150 per month for things like extra sources of internet, access to better stock resources, private paid stock discussion groups, etc.

And the cool gear like this, which makes me King of Starbucks:
You don’t pay a fee for your trades? If all of your trades drop to your sell point, I am sure you will just buy something else the next day. You aren’t really protecting anything if you continue to put money in play.

It sounds sort of like my buddy’s blackjack system.

Spoiler alert

His system failed

wilberforce15

You don’t pay a fee for your trades? If all of your trades drop to your sell point, I am sure you will just buy something else the next day. You aren’t really protecting anything if you continue to put money in play.

Nobody has had to pay for regular large exchange trades in quite a while. Paid trades are an anachronism, at best. A dozen platforms are high quality and completely free. I can trade call options on the london exchange or buy microcaps in hong kong for no fee, however many times I want. TD Ameritrade is my preference, and they'll all bend over backwards to keep folks like me.

I can't teach you years of risk management theory on Browncafe. Risk can be traded away by small investors. Sometimes I go to bed with 80% cash. Sometimes I'm 100% invested overnight (obviously not all in one thing). But hte money "being in play" doesn't mean anything. The number of order options and statistical models for risk management are endless, complicated, and all of them have years of proof behind them by professionals.

Saying "the money is still in play" isn't a rebuttal of anything at all.

Re-Raise

8A939D57-CE0B-4A6B-83B0-B75A3EFA192B.png
So explain to a poor novice like myself, how can you not lose money today when all of your great picks dropped double digit percentages today?

Please leave London and Hong Kong out of it

Thank you in advance

wilberforce15

View attachment 326685So explain to a poor novice like myself, how can you not lose money today when all of your great picks dropped double digit percentages today?

Please leave London and Hong Kong out of it

Thank you in advance

I make 50 to 100 trades per day.

They all automatically sold upon a 2 to 3 percent loss, and my workhorse position was already posted that went up 17k today on its own. So, most of what I was actively trading started down, got automatically sold, and one thing I held did great and more than made up for it.

Losers got sold fast upon the first sign of weakness. And I let the strong one run a little.

So, I had 9 stocks and 100% investment when the day started, and I had 80% or so cash, with only 2 stocks owned, when the market closed. And I was up.

wilberforce15

But those were my recommended things for a 2 month window, because I know nobody is going to trade them as actively as I would. I can do better than buying and holding because I can afford the time to pay attention and work the trades.

For buying and holding, those will all be solid and I welcome bringing them all back up 2 months.

Re-Raise

E3CDFA5B-C097-4141-8A6E-46723B1163AB.png
After looking up thinkorswim...I am pretty sure you are playing with “virtual money”

It makes more sense now when you post your supposed earnings.

Have fun out there, and don’t forget to leave the pal labels facing out

wilberforce15

View attachment 326693After looking up thinkorswim...I am pretty sure you are playing with “virtual money”

It makes more sense now when you post your supposed earnings.

Have fun out there, and don’t forget to leave the pal labels facing out

there are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

All paper trading has delayed quotes and explicitly shows that its simulated. Here is a current juxtaposition of my real screen vs. A simulated account.

Attachments

• thinkorswim-papermoney-simulated-demo-trading.jpg
    thinkorswim-papermoney-simulated-demo-trading.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 20210127_210508.jpg
    20210127_210508.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 68

wilberforce15

View attachment 326697If this is an example of your investing genius, I want no part of it kid

I've explained everything. Given you screenshots with daily positions with balances a dozen times already. That's what made you disgruntled, angry, embittered, impoverished drivers so jealous. Shown it's not a simulation. I explained how I traded it today.

You can come back and check those in two months, as instructed, and look even dumber than you do now.