Want to leave the company

wilberforce15

So what are your top 10 stock picks in this crazy market? in this crazy market?
I listed them in this thread. They were 2 month recommendations, but I trade in and out of things all the time.

Many things on my list were down today, so people attempted to make fun of it. I spent the day mostly in cash, and only traded four things. 80% cash most of the day.

So reraise or whoever else tried to bring it up doesn't understand active management.

Attachments

• 20210127_185532.jpg
    20210127_185532.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 82
I listed them in this thread. They were 2 month recommendations, but I trade in and out of things all the time.

Many things on my list were down today, so people attempted to make fun of it. I spent the day mostly in cash, and only traded four things. 80% cash most of the day.

So reraise or whoever else tried to bring it up doesn't understand active management.
I just asked, I like to hear other people's perspective

Re-Raise

So what are your top 10 stock picks in this crazy market? in this crazy market?
I have played A LOT of poker in my life...including the Main Event a few times.

I have met many “poker pros” who thought they had it all figured out and could never go broke. Guess what?

It is gambling! People who think they can get rich quick, most often take bigger gambles than they should. His hubris will be probably be his downfall.

wilberforce15

I have met many “poker pros” who thought they had it all figured out and could never go broke. Guess what?

It is gambling! People who think they can get rich quick, most often take bigger gambles than they should. His hubris will be probably be his downfall.

The poker pros are idiots. Risk management in the market makes it foolproof not to go broke. Rules make it simple and guaranteed, if they are followed.

If you have and respect a stop loss, avoid margin, avoid shorting, and avoid options plays, it's literally not possible to have single large losses.

You got to take a little bit of risk but if you go overboard you're going to get killed

Even though Jim Cramer gets on my nerves I always like his saying

Bulls make money, bears make money and pigs get slaughtered

wilberforce15

You got to take a little bit of risk but if you go overboard you're going to get killed

Even though Jim Cramer gets on my nerves I always like his saying

Bulls make money, bears make money and pigs get slaughtered

Going overboard doesn't get you killed if you have a quick, defined, and pre-determined exit plan for any given position.

Re-Raise

The poker pros are idiots. Risk management in the market makes it foolproof not to go broke. Rules make it simple and guaranteed, if they are followed.

If you have and respect a stop loss, avoid margin, avoid shorting, and avoid options plays, it's literally not possible to have single large losses.
If you are claiming to make 90k in a month..you are gambling plenty! Unless your portfolio is a lot larger than I would guess for a preloader with 6 kids to feed.

I would be happy with a 90k gain in a year..and I have over a million invested.

If you are claiming to make 90k in a month..you are gambling plenty! Unless your portfolio is a lot larger than I would guess for a preloader with 6 kids to feed.

I had a huge gain last year, maybe that's why I'm so nervous right now.

It definitely changed my retirement picture

wilberforce15

You don't understand the nature of active management. My eyes don't leave the price from open until close, and I check probably every 5 or 10 minutes for the entirety of premarket and aftermarket trading. I have algorithms set up for predetermined trades to cover my behind in case of sudden news, and I exit very quickly on any sign of weakness.

My current active trading is using 350k to 500k on any given day with no margin. It's 50 to 100 executed trades on an average day. I often trade the entire account value a few times over within a given day. I am thoroughly protected from a locked-in downside on every single trade without exception, but I capture occasional very large movements.

This is an academic discipline and it is my job. There is a professional way to do this, and I am fully formally educated on the subject.

wilberforce15

It's easy to feel confident when your portfolio keeps going up but when it starts tumbling downhill it's a hard pill to swallow.

Best of luck to you young man

It cannot tumble downhill because I have automatic sell orders placed under every single thing I own, meaning my losses are locked in. I know exactly what my maximum downside is on each position.

And my account is small enough that my orders would get filled. Large institutions can't trade the risk away. It's a much different game for them Small investors and day traders can simply trade the risk away. Small accounts in the millions or hundreds of thousands are much easier to manage for that reason.

It cannot tumble downhill because I have automatic sell orders placed under every single thing I own, meaning my losses are locked in. I know exactly what my maximum downside is on each position.

And my account is small enough that my orders would get filled. Large institutions can't trade the risk away. It's a much different game for them Small investors and day traders can simply trade the risk away. Small accounts in the millions or hundreds of thousands are much easier to manage for that reason.
Nothing is sure proof
What about an internet outage?