Warning Letter For a missed nda saver

swing_drv

I haven't been on this route in over 10 years. Was asked to run it because because of all the call ins. It also had a split on it, from the next town over that I have never delivered too. The nda saver only had the guys name show up in the DIAD the Business name was under his on the package. Well I never knew it was a Business and didn't get close too delivering it till after 5:00. I get back to the building and was told I will get a warning letter for this. Geez !!!!!!!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I haven't been on this route in over 10 years. Was asked to run it because because of all the call ins. It also had a split on it, from the next town over that I have never delivered too. The nda saver only had the guys name show up in the DIAD the Business name was under his on the package. Well I never knew it was a Business and didn't get close too delivering it till after 5:00. I get back to the building and was told I will get a warning letter for this. Geez !!!!!!!!
Yeah, it's happened to me too. I'm always going through my commits around 2:30 double-checking now. lol

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If you have been driving for 15 years and had a split in a town you didnt know,maybe it would have been a good idea to go through your commits before 1500,just sayin

FilingBluesFL

If you have been driving for 15 years and had a split in a town you didnt know,maybe it would have been a good idea to go through your commits before 1500,just sayin

There's plenty of routes I've done where residential addresses end up having a commit time on them, because management would rather put a whole street in as a "commercial" instead of just the specific address.

Same goes for the opposite. Plenty of commercial addresses that never have a commit time despite getting a saver or 2 day AM.

They are just too lazy to fix :censored2:.

BrownTexas

Grieve it, reduce to talk with, move on.
Don't you just protest a warning letter? Grieve a suspension or termination.

Regardless I would have it ready and as they hand you the warning letter, hand your protest/grievance to your Steward right in from of them.

By The Book

We get excused if we have a late commit that's from a split at my center
That's just an excuse to give poor/no service that the shipper pays for. Another reason I'm hesitant, and not so gung ho to get sales leads. We as drivers need to do our jobs and stop asking our supervisors what to do! We know what to do! Just do it!

By The Book

There's plenty of routes I've done where residential addresses end up having a commit time on them, because management would rather put a whole street in as a "commercial" instead of just the specific address.

Same goes for the opposite. Plenty of commercial addresses that never have a commit time despite getting a saver or 2 day AM.

They are just too lazy to fix :censored2:.
All your commit times should be in the diad, something's not right at your place.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Don't you just protest a warning letter? Grieve a suspension or termination.

Regardless I would have it ready and as they hand you the warning letter, hand your protest/grievance to your Steward right in from of them.
No, you grieve everything. Progressive discipline in any form should always be grieved, otherwise you agree to what the company says when they bring your paperwork to panel. Discipline is used to change a behavior, this driver doesn't have a a habitual problem with air and the circumstances surrounding this air is questionable. This is how I would speak to the issuing manager while in the office with the member. Generally speaking, a manager worth his salt would see this driver doesn't deserve such harsh discipline given the circumstances, and a local hearing would waste the time of all involved.