Warning letter grievance help.

UPSGUY72

Sorry, I posted this in the main forum before I realized there was a union sub forum.

Got a warning letter last week for "failure to follow orders or directions," something along those lines. Basically during a performance ride my on road wasn't happy with my pace which hasn't been an issue in ten years. Anyway he told me to speed it up throughout the day and I didn't.

Everyone agrees that I should file as it is bogus but don't know the first thing about writing grievances. My stewards trustworthy are both off this week and I've got til Wednesday to files.

Any suggestions?

Your not going to get fired for performance issues. The "Failure to follow orders or directions" is just away to try to skirt the real issue which is that they want more work out of you in less time (ie performance ). As other have said your stance should be your where / are work as fast as you safely can do the job.

You need to talk to your steward and call you BA ASAP. Your union bulletin board at work should have your BA info posted. If not try your local teamster website.

They will most likely be given you a hard time for a while trying to get you to go faster. Once you do they will expect that out of you every day so stand your ground and they will eventually move on.

browned_out

Browns-out, you simply don't have to put up with all that bull sh%#!! That is classic UPS harassment/over management. All five of you need to grow a pair and file a harassment grievance. A fair days work for a fair days pay is contractual for a reason. For gods sake, you pay dues, you have a union card, stand up for yourselves. Read your contract and force your management to abide by it!! If you can't stand up for ,yourselves through your legally binding contract, go work for FedEx, they'll be glad to treat you like crap and there is nothing you can do about it.

How about I rest my set on your forehead, :censored2:. Next time you reply try being a little more professional.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
How about I rest my set on your forehead, :censored2:. Next time you reply try being a little more professional.
Sorry I'm so harsh brown-eye. But seriously!!! Why is it so hard for everyone to understand, you are a union employee. That gives you some basic rights that you would otherwise not have. One of those rights is to NEVER have to stand idle and put up with harassment by unreasonable management. The reason we all suffer this type of treatment from time to time is directly related to the fact that too many employees simply put up with it and fold under the ridiculous pressure. Management has no right to demand that you move faster and faster and faster!! Have you not figured out that there is no end to there demands? Put a stop to it by standing your ground with the union behind you. Anyone that has worked here for any real amount of time knows very well how much more productive you have to be compared to 20 or 30 years ago. Technology certainly isn't what has increased the productivity. It is your hard work and managements constant pressure to do more. When will you all say enough is enough? If you don't like my direct manner in which I approach a subject, don't read my post. If you want your managers and supervisors to get off your back when you know your working hard, file a grievance on the grounds of harassment and a violation of a fair days work for a fair days pay and don't back down. If your a lazy piece of #%%$, then get to work!!!!!!

542thruNthru

Sorry I'm so harsh brown-eye. But seriously!!! Why is it so hard for everyone to understand, you are a union employee. That gives you some basic rights that you would otherwise not have. One of those rights is to NEVER have to stand idle and put up with harassment by unreasonable management. The reason we all suffer this type of treatment from time to time is directly related to the fact that too many employees simply put up with it and fold under the ridiculous pressure. Management has no right to demand that you move faster and faster and faster!! Have you not figured out that there is no end to there demands? Put a stop to it by standing your ground with the union behind you. Anyone that has worked here for any real amount of time knows very well how much more productive you have to be compared to 20 or 30 years ago. Technology certainly isn't what has increased the productivity. It is your hard work and managements constant pressure to do more. When will you all say enough is enough? If you don't like my direct manner in which I approach a subject, don't read my post. If you want your managers and supervisors to get off your back when you know your working hard, file a grievance on the grounds of harassment and a violation of a fair days work for a fair days pay and don't back down. If your a lazy piece of #%%$, then get to work!!!!!!

The funny fact about people like you on this forum is you are either one of two things.

1. The guy that complains and attacks management for every little thing. Who is constantly in the office to bitch and moan about nothing or in a corner with another driver complaining about how they gave you 5 NDA when you usually only do 4 and how you are going to make them pay for it.

Or

2. The forum tough guy. That talks big but as soon as he gets to work he does as he is told and screams at his windshield how he's going to show them.

I'm pretty sure you are number 2. So settle down champ. No one believes you're tough or even cares. You have less then 40 posts and you've been a horses butt in more than half of them. To tell you the truth you are acting like the management you hate. Harassing and demeaning people.

I can't wait to see what childish name you think up for my screen name. You sad angry little man

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
The funny fact about people like you on this forum is you are either one of two things.

1. The guy that complains and attacks management for every little thing. Who is constantly in the office to bitch and moan about nothing or in a corner with another driver complaining about how they gave you 5 NDA when you usually only do 4 and how you are going to make them pay for it.

Or

2. The forum tough guy. That talks big but as soon as he gets to work he does as he is told and screams at his windshield how he's going to show them.

I'm pretty sure you are number 2. So settle down champ. No one believes you're tough or even cares. You have less then 40 posts and you've been a horses butt in more than half of them. To tell you the truth you are acting like the management you hate. Harassing and demeaning people.

I can't wait to see what childish name you think up for my screen name. You sad angry little man
You might think you have me all figured out, that it very short sited of you. As you so eloquently stated, the "funny fact" about someone like me is I often wonder what has become of the labor union I joined decades ago. When an employee puts in a hard day's work, day after day, week after week, year after year, follows all the company rules yet still can not do enough for his manager, the problem is not with the employee. At one time, that was a easy problem to solve. When management asked too much, was unrealistic in there expectations, the employees and there representatives politely (or not) explained the contractual limits of there behavior toward there employees. Believe it or not, that still happens in many buildings to this day, yet I read about employees who have been employed here for years that still don't understand that they don't have to be treated as slaves. I would expect that level of misunderstanding from a new hire but certainly not from a veteran. Those problems could be easily solved if each and every employee would read and understand the contract and most importantly stand together when the harassment starts, and we all know it will. Now, as far as how I act at work, I'm an angel and don't believe you would assume otherwise. I work hard, I work safe, and frankly, that should always be enough for any management personnel. You made many assumptions about my personality and my work habits that could have really hurt my feelings, but I'm sure you were just Joking around. I won't make any assumptions about your personality or work habits because honestly I couldn't care less I do hope that everyone in a brown uniform will work hard and stand up for themselves when they're told it's not enough. Have a great weekend.