Warning Letter for a No Scan

11.19igrad

unlike having proper knowledge of handbrakes.
so lets take your car , pop the hood and lets just start twisting stuff, pulling cables just anything we can finagle lets have at it because we are men!
if it has a twisty thingy or it comes loose if we pull it then yeah thats what we are supposed to do cause we know everything. we dont need mechanics!
lets turn 6years old again!
lets rip out all the fire and burglar alarms! we are men!
chefs dont need to learn how to make you a good steak in culinary school! just let them fry the bitch until they get a good feeling! thermometers are for women!
heck no building codes!
no schools no universities!
no one needs to learn anything to do anything properly! stop teaching eachother!!! stop learning! stop practicing!!!

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Around here, a verbal warning is the first step, a warning letter is the second and so on. Here, a warning letter is protested(so I hear).

You get the warning letter anyway and so the disciplinary process is started. Could it lead to termination? Well let's see.....

So many warning letters, suspension in a certain period of time....I've seen it done and stick.
Given the state of things and telematics(I believe this situation qualifies) it could spiral out of control quickly.

BTW, is there a written limit on backing speed? Serious question.

BTW, I've been told to leave a vehicle running all day. I ALWAYS got a Mgr level to verify such. Always get with your Center mgr to ok this. My habit of pulling keys just about always stopped the truck in a little while.
How many warning letters have you received in 40 years (serious question)?

oldngray

nowhere special
How many warning letters have you received in 40 years (serious question)?
40 years ago warning letters meant something. They only gave you one if there was a good reason. Not like now when they pass them out like candy. I probably worked for 10 years before I got my first warning letter.

PPH_over_9000

Sounds like you probably shouldn’t have driven down that street if you have to do 7 backs just to get out. Still I wouldn’t rely on anyone to spot me, because that person may not be seeing the whole picture. If anything goes wrong in that situation it would still be your fault.

I shouldn't have, but it was a low-income neighborhood with tons of homes-- I couldn't see the end of the street from the top. So with streets like that I typically bank on finding 2-3 unused parking spaces to do a legit 3-point turn to get the truck turned around. That day they were literally no open spaces, so I had almost no room to work with by the time I realized what I was driving into.

It would also help if they kept me on the same route for more than a day or two at a time so that I could familiarize myself with an area and learn what streets have a high chance of putting me into risky situations.

Is what it is, though, and I'm learning how to recognize those kinds of things just from the layout of the neighborhood/street now. I'm not infallible, though.

Zowert

Its petty when they get on you about a no scan for a 120 piece bulk stop. I can see if a driver has a history of missing scans but to harp on a guy for missing one scan out of 1000+ deliveries he/she made is ridiculous. We are all human, it happens.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Apparently using the "NOT FOUND" function in the diad to designate a missing pkg as such is not sufficient.

From what I've been told it goes nowhere electronically except out of your board / off the screen. I've asked multiple times how/why this function does not communicate to the center when there seems to be a report for every sec of our days but not this. It works for misloads when sent in correctly.
Unless other centers aren’t up to date. Our not found option sends a notification to oms computers.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Long story short I was pulled into the supervisors office today with the union steward present. I was told that I'd be given a warning letter for having a no scan package for a bulk business delivery.

The sup said if I can fix the issue within the next month he'll take it off my file. I wasnt given any physical copy yet and it's been a day. Does it get mailed to me? He said I was doing a 'good job' after the conversation. Should I file a grievance or is this mgmts way blowing hot smoke. They verbally spoke to me about this issue about a month ago
Listen dude, it’s trim the fat season right now. Every February and March.

slow down and do the job properly.

look what running got you, a warning letter.

did the supe tell you he would remove the warning letter in front of you and the steward, or did he say it after the meeting just between you 2.

either way, it doesn’t matter. They will not remove any warning letters, in fact they will continue with progressive discipline because as I said earlier, it’s trim the fat season.

so lets take your car , pop the hood and lets just start twisting stuff, pulling cables just anything we can finagle lets have at it because we are men!
if it has a twisty thingy or it comes loose if we pull it then yeah thats what we are supposed to do cause we know everything. we dont need mechanics!
lets turn 6years old again!
lets rip out all the fire and burglar alarms! we are men!
chefs dont need to learn how to make you a good steak in culinary school! just let them fry the bitch until they get a good feeling! thermometers are for women!
heck no building codes!
no schools no universities!
no one needs to learn anything to do anything properly! stop teaching eachother!!! stop learning! stop practicing!!!

So you posted this in two separate threads, for what? You're confusing education and life lessons. Knowing that you don't fry a steak is a life lesson, knowing how to check oil and brake fluid are life lessons. Understanding the mechanics of parking brake cable tension is a life lesson, one you learned the hard way. Maybe you should ask your dad if he thinks he let you down by sending his ill-prepared child into the world, you clearly aren't ready. You two need to talk.

11.19igrad

So you posted this in two separate threads, for what? You're confusing education and life lessons. Knowing that you don't fry a steak is a life lesson, knowing how to check oil and brake fluid are life lessons. Understanding the mechanics of parking brake cable tension is a life lesson, one you learned the hard way. Maybe you should ask your dad if he thinks he let you down by sending his ill-prepared child into the world, you clearly aren't ready. You two need to talk.
oh dr phil I need some- kleenex... youre just.. youre just amazing... i never knew what was wrong with me all this time... its daddy issues!!

life lessons you got or your buddies got arent the same as the rest of the 7,999,999,999 people on the planet dude.

delivering $50k a day of postage for a company worth $50 billion for $140 a day starting out = my life lessons arent your business- teach me to operate this company truck completely, safely and save the diad crap for online training and use the week of integrad for training ON THE ROAD!!!! . PERIOD!!!!

but, at least youre impressed with yourself.

oh dr phil I need some- kleenex... youre just.. youre just amazing... i never knew what was wrong with me all this time... its daddy issues!!

life lessons you got or your buddies got arent the same as the rest of the 7,999,999,999 people on the planet dude.

delivering $50k a day of postage for a company worth $50 billion for $140 a day starting out = my life lessons arent your business- teach me to operate this company truck completely, safely and save the diad crap for online training and use the week of integrad for training ON THE ROAD!!!! . PERIOD!!!!

but, at least youre impressed with yourself.

A) You're welcome.

B) You're lucky if you delivered $5k worth of packages, we deliver zero postage.

C) No 22.4 gets a code 5 day to only make $140.

D) You're life lessons are nil, so they're not even your business.

E) The more you post, the more I'm impressed with my old man, not myself.

11.19igrad

A) You're welcome.

B) You're lucky if you delivered $5k worth of packages, we deliver zero postage.

C) No 22.4 gets a code 5 day to only make $140.

D) You're life lessons are nil, so they're not even your business.

E) The more you post, the more I'm impressed with my old man, not myself.
good for you and your old man!
that still is besides the point about integrad.

$20.50/ hr in southern region x 8 $170ish = $140ish after taxes before any OT.

11.19igrad

How many drivers do you think get dq'd vs. make it through their 30?
I guess UPS is so rich that they just spend millions of dollars a year on integrad just for most drivers to fail which is just insane to me.

I feel like UPS should just require a CDL and be done with it. it would be a great entry-level CDL job Give him that it's not an 18 wheeler and your home every night.

But of course who cares how I feel?

also, When I said postage I was referring to what UPS charges for packages to be in their truck being delivered so yes,-that is postage. right?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I guess UPS is so rich that they just spend millions of dollars a year on integrad just for most drivers to fail which is just insane to me.

I feel like UPS should just require a CDL and be done with it. it would be a great entry-level CDL job Give him that it's not an 18 wheeler and your home every night.

also, When I said postage I was referring to what UPS charges for packages to be in their truck being delivered so yes,-that is postage. right?

Yes, each box has a stamp licked and placed in the top right corner.

No, it is not postage. We are not the post office.

You didn't answer my question.