Warning letter in 30 days

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
So is it a good thing that I sent in the misload message ?

Yes, you are following methods. Being caught with a package on your car at the end of the day that was not scanned is major mistake. You have to be totally honest and show improvement while trying to qualify.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Just tell them the truth , you misplaced it or just forgot to scan it ,,, jeeezuz Christ they are making this job harder than it ever should be

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
People rush their arse off , do a thousand things right a day , then , you’ve made a mistake and some on car or center manager who most likely never spent more than a month in a package car , wants to nail you on a cross next to Christ , most of these a55 holes
Can’t do the job they criticize you for !!!!

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Lol one day I didn't find a misload until about 4:30pm. I scanned it obviously but no one said anything to me about it. It magically reappeared on the correct truck the next day. Our center has so many misloads with our drugged-out preload that management can't keep track of them.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Lol one day I didn't find a misload until about 4:30pm. I scanned it obviously but no one said anything to me about it. It magically reappeared on the correct truck the next day. Our center has so many misloads with our drugged-out preload that management can't keep track of them.

Hey!

Some of us are just alcoholics!

BlackCat

We have been going over no scans for the last 2-3 weeks of PCMs. I suspect that my center is very close to have salted loads, followed by some suspensions. We have anywhere from 6-9 missed scans a day, with 40ish routes in.

Probably most of those missed scans are because of packages being left in building.

UrFellowUpser

I always take my lunch at 1pm everyday and organize the whole package car while looking for misloads. At our center we must scan any misloads by 2pm. If you find a misload just scan it on the spot its that simple.

barnyard

KTM rider
I always take my lunch at 1pm everyday and organize the whole package car while looking for misloads. At our center we must scan any misloads by 2pm. If you find a misload just scan it on the spot its that simple.

In my center, we scan a misload and send it in under the comm/misload menu. Then wait for the green light of death on whether to deliver or sheet as missed. Then they send the package to our diad so that it show up in the manifest.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Whats a salted load?

A "salt" is a missload package that is loaded on a package car or trailer on purpose by management to see if the driver or loader is doing their job. Sometimes they are real customer packages and sometimes they are fake packages. If a driver doesn't scan and report them he is "smoking a package", which is considered an integrity issue that can lead to being fired for dishonesty.

UrFellowUpser

A "salt" is a missload package that is loaded on a package car or trailer on purpose by management to see if the driver or loader is doing their job. Sometimes they are real customer packages and sometimes they are fake packages. If a driver doesn't scan and report them he is "smoking a package", which is considered an integrity issue that can lead to being fired for dishonesty.
Didn't know they did that wow

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I always made a big fuss whenever I found a salt package. Call the OMS, call my on road, call the center manager..."Guys, guys, I found a package that isn't mine, what should I do?"

UrFellowUpser

In my center, we scan a misload and send it in under the comm/misload menu. Then wait for the green light of death on whether to deliver or sheet as missed. Then they send the package to our diad so that it show up in the manifest.
One time i didn't get a message on what to do with a misload and ended up running the misload 50 miles away when i was finished with my route.