Warning letter in 30 days

UrFellowUpser

Im only in my second year as a driver give me a break im still a rook. Im just now getting the concept of actually taking a whole hour lunch in mid day and looking for misloads and not just running through the whole route. I will get better over time and I'll just do it on the clock then take my lunch. Its funny because my shop steward told me that what he does and you would think he would know better doing the job for 30yrs

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Im only in my second year as a driver give me a break im still a rook. Im just now getting the concept of actually taking a whole hour lunch in mid day and looking for misloads and not just running through the whole route. I will get better over time and I'll just do it on the clock then take my lunch. Its funny because my shop steward told me that what he does and you would think he would know better doing the job for 30yrs
I'm not hating on you man, I did the same thing when I was new. Just letting you know you're gonna look back and wonder what the hell you were thinking.... Personal experience.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
must have been flavor of the week. they were doing that here last week. salting missloads to make sure drivers scan them.
they would give you something you could deliver on your way back to the building.

barnyard

KTM rider
One time i didn't get a message on what to do with a misload and ended up running the misload 50 miles away when i was finished with my route.

We had a couple of "no misload/no missed" days. 2 of the times, I was running routes that ran as far north as you could go in my center and those days, I had misloads that were in the southern part of our delivery area. Added 15-25 miles to my day. When that happens, I take advantage of the fact that I can eat lunch somewhere that I do not usually get to.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
must have been flavor of the week. they were doing that here last week. salting missloads to make sure drivers scan them.
they would give you something you could deliver on your way back to the building.
They tried that pussilamous tactic with me 15 years ago.
My route was 6 blocks from the building.
I would take them back to the building and put them on the Center Manager's Desk.
Then I filed harrassment grievances.
I won and then told my center manager to get bent.

RolloTony Brown Town

I received a warning letter for a no scan on my 10th day in my packet for a no scan and I am now on day 29 and just noticed that I did not scan a misload. The warning letter says the next level of discipline Incan be discharge. My question is can I be disqualified from making my 30 days from this situation or is there another level of discipline that can be given before disqualification. I already wrote a grievance on the first warning letter.

My assumption based on your situation, if everything you said was true... (performance, experience, etc.) you’ll probably make seniority. If I was going to DQ a guy I wouldn’t bother handing him a warning letter for a job he isn’t going to get. Some food for thought.

DeliveryMachine

One time i didn't get a message on what to do with a misload and ended up running the misload 50 miles away when i was finished with my route.
Unless they tell me to bring it back or sheet as missed, I will drive to Canada to deliver a package $$$$$. All we sell is a service. Their words not mine

Re-Raise

We had a couple of "no misload/no missed" days. 2 of the times, I was running routes that ran as far north as you could go in my center and those days, I had misloads that were in the southern part of our delivery area. Added 15-25 miles to my day. When that happens, I take advantage of the fact that I can eat lunch somewhere that I do not usually get to.
Added 15 to 25 miles? From the north end of our center’s routes to the south end would add 150 miles in my center!

WTFm8

Majority of missloads at my center get picked up by a cover not running a route for the day.

Cover gets paid air rate to shuttle packages between drivers or drop packages at business pickups so they get them later in the day.

Some days, when there are a lot of missloads, they’ll let the cover(s) code in as ground rate and just pick missloads up then deliver.

Most of senior drivers let the stewards and/or covers know when a supervisor picked up or delivered a missload so they can file a grievance if they weren’t working the day.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Thanks i just sorted my whole truck while on clock before taking my break

Thanks for the tip i just sorted my whole truck while on the clock before clocking out for lunch

Since you are still kinda shtting out driving school chow, you might want to sort way before or way after. I've seen management screw with some drivers who do what you do and accuse them of stealing time...like saying you were sorting but taking an extra long lunch.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They’ve been pretty harsh about the no scans lately here too but they actually disqualified someone other day and told him they’ll let him continue driving through peak and restart his packet in January. I just hope they over look this because im already on day 30 that guy was on day 14
Pretty convenient that they let him continue to drive during peak but if it was June he would have been out of a job.... learn this now; don’t trust them, they aren’t your friends,and no matter how much you do it’s NEVER good enough...
We have been going over no scans for the last 2-3 weeks of PCMs. I suspect that my center is very close to have salted loads, followed by some suspensions. We have anywhere from 6-9 missed scans a day, with 40ish routes in.
how many total packages is that per day.... it’s not that hard to miss a scan, especially at a bulk stop....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Since you are still kinda shtting out driving school chow, you might want to sort way before or way after. I've seen management screw with some drivers who do what you do and accuse them of stealing time...like saying you were sorting but taking an extra long lunch.
They say that about drivers even though they go out on “observations” but take a 2 hour lunch or go outside 20 times a day to smoke a cig....