Warning Letters for working over 9.5

YUOVER95

So our Center manager said that if we work over 9.5 without letting someone know first he’ll start handing out discipline letters. Any other centers doing this too.

542thruNthru

So our Center manager said that if we work over 9.5 without letting someone know first he’ll start handing out discipline letters. Any other centers doing this too.

I'd send a message every morning at my first stop. "Will be over 9.5"

You have a very weak BA if he allows these warning letters.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We had a driver terminated for being 13 minutes over 9.5. While he did eventually get his job back, he was off the job for over 3 months. Furthermore his back pay was only 40 hours a week for time loss all on one check. So apart from losing out on any and all overtime he would of worked his one check was also ridiculously taxed.

542thruNthru

We had a driver terminated for being 13 minutes over 9.5. While he did eventually get his job back, he was off the job for over 3 months. Furthermore his back pay was only 40 hours a week for time loss all on one check. So apart from losing out on any and all overtime he would of worked his one check was also ridiculously taxed.

This makes no sense. What was the reason for termination. I know you're saying because he waa 13min over but what was the companies reason?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Center manager has been head hunting here as well for people that violate 9.5, sounds like retaliation if you ask me.

Undertow

I doubt it will last long as it's likely the office will very quickly run out of paper after a mere handful of days.

iruhnman630

Absolutely ridiculous.

People sign the 9.5 list to work less, not maliciously work more.

That center manager should face a stack of harrassment grievances.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
This makes no sense. What was the reason for termination. I know you're saying because he waa 13min over but what was the companies reason?
They got him for failure to follow instructions. Building manager/Division manager claimed driver was instructed to not work over 9.5 hours. When he did he was terminated. Got his job back but like I said, he certainly got screwed too.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
D7565168-53F3-4128-B1C3-F1BF4B235C7B.jpeg
I just text my supervisor this every morning after I look at my load.

Mooseknuckle

That's ridiculous! Even if they said he failed to follow directions they should've still done some kind of progression. I had my last center manager tell me if there is a payroll shortage (we have a lot with cover drivers) then, we have one day to tell them. If an employee comes to them on the second day they will start progressive discipline. Particularly ridiculous because we come back in at night and they're gone, get our check, the next morning they won't talk because they're busy cutting routes last minute. That's how out of touch they are, progressive discipline for reporting a payroll error? literally the last thing this manager said to me. Gone the next day.

542thruNthru

That's ridiculous! Even if they said he failed to follow directions they should've still done some kind of progression. I had my last center manager tell me if there is a payroll shortage (we have a lot with cover drivers) then, we have one day to tell them. If an employee comes to them on the second day they will start progressive discipline. Particularly ridiculous because we come back in at night and they're gone, get our check, the next morning they won't talk because they're busy cutting routes last minute. That's how out of touch they are, progressive discipline for reporting a payroll error? literally the last thing this manager said to me. Gone the next day.

I'd laugh in his face. Go ahead and start progressive discipline for their own mistakes. No way that ever sticks.

Mooseknuckle

I'd laugh in his face. Go ahead and start progressive discipline for their own mistakes. No way that ever sticks.
I said "I don't mean to sound rude but, I don't think that's good for you...for legal reasons" The reply was "I'm serious, get outta here!" Told an onroad right after. He said "I'd report that" Transferred the next day. Idk why. to be fair though what started it was one guy waiting weeks to say something. But only one.

542thruNthru

I said "I don't mean to sound rude but, I don't think that's good for you...for legal reasons" The reply was "I'm serious, get outta here!" Told an onroad right after. He said "I'd report that" Transferred the next day. Idk why. to be fair though what started it was one guy waiting weeks to say something. But only one.

Sounds like he was a hot head. Glad to hear he's gone.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I like it when I send an eta message of after 8 they will send the cavalry

I miss working in a center that is fully staffed. We get asked what our start time is at 2100 to make sure we have to be off the clock before 14 hours. Last week I had 8 hours left on Friday. And I'm on the 9.5