Warning Letters...

I just was told that I was terminated for writing on a piece of ups property - a job opening statement. I've never done it before and didn't know that that constituted tampering. Do I get due process like a warning letter, or do I have to just be fired and wait and see what the local union meeting on monday says. WTF used and abused and put away wet package

tieguy

Banned
"And don't forget those packages you didn't get with a sales lead are still being shipped through fdx"

I agree with you far more than you think. Sarcastic as I am, I still think bringing in volume is the only way to save the company. I get very upset when the company hands out warning letters, because for each one they give, there is a driver who will no longer participate in the sales lead program. I REALLY like to see it handled some, ANY other way.

I think the management teams should carefully consider ALL their actions as to how it will affect SLIM participation.

I realize there is sometimes no choice, but maybe there is if the person you're about to give a warning letter to is someone who hands in leads.

What's more important? A warning letter, or a sales lead?

Something to consider...

good point over 9 whats more important may be finding a better way to stress whats serious without the warning letter. The impression we on the other side have is that there are drivers that don't take us seriously until we start handing out warning letters.

DS

Fenderbender
I bet if they caught you spray painting ups trailers
they`d fire you...unless you drew the whiteboard..
then you might get promoted

Cole

I have had several warning letters, no suspensions, and 1 attempted termination. The warning letters are gone after 9months. A suspension can be brought up later. The way progressive discipline goes in our area, depending on the issue, is (1) talk with, (2) warning letter, (3) 1 day suspension, (4) 3 day suspension, (5) 5days suspension, termination. Most people correct the problem at atleast after the 1 day suspension. Of course if it's a cardinal infraction, they can fire you immediatley, until panel, non-cardinal is a working termination etc...

I just joined browncafe yesterday, and got my first certified letter today! how fun! I thought well aint this a bitch! Yeah, I agree with the mental ****ing you said they give us. It's not enough to "go to the office" anymore. Anyway, thought I'd let you know that here in central states, topeka, ks, we get it up the wazoo too. take care, t

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our local has an agreement with UPS that both warning letters and grievances are to be given in person and sent to the center or local office via regular mail instead of certified. This saves both sides several thousand dollars per year in postage fees.