WARNING!!! Picture Poster's Beware!

ol'browneye

As chester noted earlier, it's odd that it coincides with an injury!

Stugs,

This is what I was worried about in the pm I sent. But it sounds as you will recover from this with no long lasting damage. I really do enjoy your creative pictures as I think we all do. Using a prop like a diad, that we are all familiar with and can relate to, was what made them so fun!, Maybe we can start a new pictorial using the stylus placed in unusual places...I don't believe the diad 4 stylus' have any kind of logo on them! Well, maybe not. I can only imagine where that would go and Cheryl does try to keep a family atmosphere here.:wink2::peaceful:

over9five

Staff member
This had left me wholly disgusted with UPS. Instead of getting new volume and protecting our jobs in this down economy, they try to fire their most positive employee. I am really upset about this disgrace.

Makes you proud to be a UPSer, doesn't it........

Stay anonymous people. You do not have the right to do what you want on your own time when you work for UPS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Your first mistake is believing this is an "INDEPENDENT" site run by a person.

From what I can tell, this site is run by the Laguna Pacific Region Headquarters (UPS) in Laguna Beach.

All you have to do is look at the information posted by the host and ask yourself how an "INDIVIDUAL", aka "private person" would get a hold of company pictures and documents, stories and such when those are properties of United Parcel Service.

For instance, when the San Fernando Building had the recent large fire that burned all the way to the building, pictures were taken that day of the fires itself.

In the aftermath, those pictures were the property of UPS, yet they were posted on this site.

Now, those photos are proprietary in nature and were not release to the public nor were they published in any newspapers or internet news service.

Yet, they appeared on this site. Every single one of them.

Now, you are fooling yourself if you believe this is merely a blog run by a private person who has no interest in UPS.

You must be careful.

Think about it, there is no better way to "evesdrop" on its employee base then to place a blog on the net and read what they have to say.

Its just like they were sitting in the locker room listening to everyone bitching about the company.

Its all good intel.

Keeping the finger on the pulse. Its a great idea, and its working.

Those of you who have ever been spoken to about something you posted should realize this to be true better than anyone else.

I.P. traces, online identifyers to trace your IP back to your host or carrier will provide the company with your name, address and other info.

Welcome to the world of technology.

To believe different would be to deny the obvious.:stalker:

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Steve, I think you did the right thing considering the circumstances. The welfare of one's family must always come first.

As a result of this I changed my avatar from a personal one to an impersonal one. They must love Jim Carrey's portrayal of us in Ace Ventura, thats what I am using now :happy-very:!

The Other Side, a little conspiratorial, don't you think?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Now go back to acting like a brown faceless robot and the big loafing oaf of a company will continue it's downward spiral into oblivion.

:hypnosis: I hear...and, obey.

That really sucks Steve. What I'd really like to know is why all of a sudden are they pushing this? This thread started a more than a month ago and has almost 20,000 hits on it. Something doesn't make sense here. When Hoax got his hand slapped it happened almost immedeately.

The thread title has 'diad' in it and I can't believe the site watchers didn't see this until now. It's BS. Something is fishy here.

We are so highly visible, I can't see how they can stop this. This is not a trademark infringement, you are not making any money off this. I don't get it. Anyone can take pics anywhere. I would think this would be under freedom of speech. I would think think this is a violation of constitutional rights.

This had left me wholly disgusted with UPS. Instead of getting new volume and protecting our jobs in this down economy, they try to fire their most positive employee. I am really upset about this disgrace.

Makes you proud to be a UPSer, doesn't it........

Stay anonymous people. You do not have the right to do what you want on your own time when you work for UPS.

:madashell:, But as I said before, my hands are tied.

As chester noted earlier, it's odd that it coincides with an injury!

Stugs,

This is what I was worried about in the pm I sent. But it sounds as you will recover from this with no long lasting damage. I really do enjoy your creative pictures as I think we all do. Using a prop like a diad, that we are all familiar with and can relate to, was what made them so fun!, Maybe we can start a new pictorial using the stylus placed in unusual places...I don't believe the diad 4 stylus' have any kind of logo on them! Well, maybe not. I can only imagine where that would go and Cheryl does try to keep a family atmosphere here.:wink2::peaceful:

You said it Ol Browneye, no worries though, it was quite fun. I'm going to start another picture thread soon. Hopefully I won't get blasted again.:peaceful:

From what I can tell, this site is run by the Laguna Pacific Region Headquarters (UPS) in Laguna Beach.

All you have to do is look at the information posted by the host and ask yourself how an "INDIVIDUAL", aka "private person" would get a hold of company pictures and documents, stories and such when those are properties of United Parcel Service.

For instance, when the San Fernando Building had the recent large fire that burned all the way to the building, pictures were taken that day of the fires itself.

In the aftermath, those pictures were the property of UPS, yet they were posted on this site.

Now, those photos are proprietary in nature and were not release to the public nor were they published in any newspapers or internet news service.

Now, you are fooling yourself if you believe this is merely a blog run by a private person who has no interest in UPS.

You must be careful.

Think about it, there is no better way to "evesdrop" on its employee base then to place a blog on the net and read what they have to say.

Its just like they were sitting in the locker room listening to everyone bitching about the company.

Its all good intel.

Those of you who have ever been spoken to about something you posted should realize this to be true better than anyone else.

I.P. traces, online identifyers to trace your IP back to your host or carrier will provide the company with your name, address and other info.

Again, this is why I love the BC. We are all so very, "different". :wink2:

sano

You must be careful.

Its all good intel.

<installs tin foil hat and starts stock piling canned goods>:wink2:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

Oh yes, there's always the conspiracy theory... I believe Submarine had "proof" that this site was coming from the corporate office in Atlanta. Those of you that were here then may recall how credible he turned out to be...

This site has been around for 10 years. http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://browncafe.com I've always used my full name, feel free to check out my story. My father was a brown blooded UPSer that died 15 years ago. He left UPS in the late 80's, after his 3rd heart attack. Because of him a couple of our members have known me since I was a little kid. There are also a few members that know my husband because he also worked at UPS until he "retired" about 5 years ago.

Our moderators are not corporate schills. They are all real members that currently work for or have retired from UPS. They come from all over the US and one is from Canada.

TOS, you are known here for your attempts to be provocative and/or instigate problems. If you aren't just trying to be a PIA then I think you really always wear one of these cool aluminum foil deflector beanies: http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Oh yes, there's always the conspiracy theory...

This site has been around for 10 years. I've always used my full name, feel free to check out my story. My father was a brown blooded UPSer that died 15 years ago. He left UPS in the late 80's, after his 3rd heart attack. Because of him a couple of our members have known me since I was a little kid. There are also a few members that know my husband because he also worked at UPS until he "retired" about 5 years ago.

Our moderators are not corporate schills. They are all real members that currently work for or have retired from UPS. They come from all over the US and one is from Canada.

TOS, you are known here for your attempts to be provocative and/or instigate problems. If you aren't just trying to be a PIA then I think you really always wear one of these cool aluminum foil deflector beanies: [URL="http://zapatopi.net/afdb/"]http://zapatopi.net/afdb/[/URL]

I think a family photo, wearing this sort of beanie is in order. LOL

wily_old_vet

This site has been around for 10 years. I've always used my full name, feel free to check out my story. My father was a brown blooded UPSer that died 15 years ago. He left UPS in the late 80's, after his 3rd heart attack. Because of him a couple of our members have known me since I was a little kid. There are also a few members that know my husband because he also worked at UPS until he "retired" about 5 years ago.

TOS, you are known here for your attempts to be provocative and/or instigate problems. If you aren't just trying to be a PIA then I think you really always wear one of these cool aluminum foil deflector beanies: http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

Cheryl-There always has to be a idiot in the mix. We all know the truth and people like that won't scare us away. Did UPS contact you in any way in regards to the photos STUG got suspended for?

backinbrown

respect my authority

cheryl thank you for this site

it makes me laugh, it lets me vent and it allows me to make freinds with people i would otherwise never know, i consider some people here freinds and that is big for never meeting them.

your site is what i look forward to i have been out of work non work related injury since sept and your site has brought me joy in an otherwise sad state i am in at this time.

thank you Cheryl, and thank you steve i got the most enjoyment from your diad pics, i looked forward to them, i am sorry this happened alot of us egged you on wanting more,

but in the end you pay for my enjoyment, i am thankfull you just got 5 days. hang in there my brother from another mother.

W

westsideworma

thats a raw deal steve. I've always enjoyed your picture posts as well. Someone up top must need to justify their job before they get the chop.

trickpony1

If all this uproar over copyright is true then:

no one on this site can use the 3 letter acronym of "our" company,
no one can use the spelled out name of "our" company,
no one can use any likeness of "our" company's logo in their avatar,
no one can use a certain color or even post the word describing that color,
no one can use any of the above in their user name because........

all this "could" be copyrighted.

I think someone in atlanta has way too much time on their hands.

raceanoncr

You must be careful.

Its all good intel.

So, YOU'RE the one that ratted on Steve!!!!!

raceanoncr

Steve, if you can answer this much anyway, maybe I missed it somewhere...just what article in the contract did you violate that warranted a termination/suspension?

That is, what is the gestapo in the ivory towers claiming you did that would legally get you fired and not just sued due to copywright infringement?

I don't see any contract violation here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it was the pic of Steve dressed for Halloween as Jim Casey/gay Chippendale's dancer.

Or did he just p.m. that one to just me?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve, if you can answer this much anyway, maybe I missed it somewhere...just what article in the contract did you violate that warranted a termination/suspension?

That is, what is the gestapo in the ivory towers claiming you did that would legally get you fired and not just sued due to copywright infringement?

I don't see any contract violation here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The all inclusive.......

I think it was the pic of Steve dressed for Halloween as Jim Casey/gay Chippendale's dancer.

Or did he just p.m. that one to just me?

You weren't supposed to tell, now I'm really done.:wink2:

raceanoncr

Boy, I know I'm really stupid, after all, I'm just a feeder driver, but from this comment, I still don't see an alleged contract violation warranting termination.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Boy, I know I'm really stupid, after all, I'm just a feeder driver, but from this comment, I still don't see an alleged contract violation warranting termination.

Neither do I. I pissed off the higher ups, who, I guess have no sense of humor, and this is what they came up with. Like I said, I would have fought this, but I have to think of my family. Trust me, race, I have a lot to say, but seeing as I'm obviously being watched, I'll zip my lip.