Was bit by a dog

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
30704650_783750488502532_1354491007072206848_n.jpg

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I took over a section of an adjoining area off another driver. He warned me about the dog at a certain house, and that it bit him. The people got stuff at least 3 times a week. It was a little yapper and very sneaky. They let the little bastard run loose most of the time. Had a package for them. My head was on a swivel. No sign of him, no bark. Walking back to the PC, I had to walk alongside a hedge. He was in the hedge and jumped out and nipped my ankle. I complained to the owner, and after that, they kept him in the garage most of the time, but left the door raised up about 4 or 5 inches so he could breathe, i guess. Had another package, nobody home. Walked by the garage, and heard him yapping. I called him by name, and he stuck his snout under the garage door, where I promptly stomped it. He never got near me again after that. I did get bit bad once, and drove straight to the hospital that was on my area. You should always get medical attention after a dog bite if it breaks the skin.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
No, like physically defending their pet. Kinda like the wife that frying pans the cop in the back of the head after he saved her from her abusive husband.
Had that happen to me once but it wasn't a frying pan. it was the Ron Popeil chicken oven complete with a chicken inside. My rookie helped her to the floor face first and then obliged the woman's request to friend* off. Husband went to jail, wife went to jail, chicken went to dog.

rod

Retired 22 years
ALWASYS call local law enforcement if you've been bit. That way it is on record that the dog is dangerous and the people HAVE to show proof it has had its shots (people tend to lie about that stuff). Around here if it has bit people on 3 different occasions it is put down. Also people tend to pay more attention to a lecture from the cops than they do from some old UPS guy. On my route the cops would make sure the dog was tied up for 3 days so it could be monitored for signs of illness. I told one guy to tie his poodle up at the end of his driveway on a short leash and I would take care of it for him the next time I drove by. Thump-thump

Karma...

Damn I wish I would have known all this going into it. I didn’t even realize the severity of the situation until later the next morning another diver took me over to talk to our old driver supervisor.

He was a driver 18 years before becoming a supervisor and has been bit before and was the only one to show a serious concern said it was bad job by current management not to even send me to get it cleaned.

Was asking me questions about the dog and situation that I didn’t even think of.
that is poor management....did you have any reaction to the peroxide ?

bbsam

Staff member
You big babies. Keep it clean. Let it heal. Good Lord! Sue?! It’s a nip and a scratch. Talk about frivolous lawsuits! “But I’m a victim!” Yeah. Whatever. You’ll be ok.