Was bit by a dog

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
dog bites can be very serious. i would see a doctor. animal control is good advice also . these people are liable for any out of pocket costs too.

hope it all works out.

F

Frankie's Friend

I bet my mastiff one day lol. Right on the ear.

My .22-250 works great for pitbulls.

Almost got to see what my .45 would do to one of those worthless :censored2:s.
You've got to get closer with the .45.
1/2 mile away with a 20 power Leopold scope works with a 250.

They're dead before they hear the pop.

F

Frankie's Friend

I took over a section of an adjoining area off another driver. He warned me about the dog at a certain house, and that it bit him. The people got stuff at least 3 times a week. It was a little yapper and very sneaky. They let the little bastard run loose most of the time. Had a package for them. My head was on a swivel. No sign of him, no bark. Walking back to the PC, I had to walk alongside a hedge. He was in the hedge and jumped out and nipped my ankle. I complained to the owner, and after that, they kept him in the garage most of the time, but left the door raised up about 4 or 5 inches so he could breathe, i guess. Had another package, nobody home. Walked by the garage, and heard him yapping. I called him by name, and he stuck his snout under the garage door, where I promptly stomped it. He never got near me again after that. I did get bit bad once, and drove straight to the hospital that was on my area. You should always get medical attention after a dog bite if it breaks the skin.
Owner left home owning a dog and come back to being the proud owner of a duck billed platypus.

F

Frankie's Friend

You big babies. Keep it clean. Let it heal. Good Lord! Sue?! It’s a nip and a scratch. Talk about frivolous lawsuits! “But I’m a victim!” Yeah. Whatever. You’ll be ok.
In the central region the $5,000 payout is a direct boost to our pension.

dudebro

Why would the company waste money typing propaganda into BC? Show me one person that can be influenced by this. Conspiracy theory paranoia.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
[QUOTE="dudebro, post: 3637495, Show me one person that can be influenced by this. .[/QUOTE]
netposter.jpg

F

Frankie's Friend

Why would the company waste money typing propaganda into BC? Show me one person that can be influenced by this. Conspiracy theory paranoia.
Because many upsers read this that never post and are looking for the truth they dont feel the can get in their local and the brownout perpetuates investigation thru other sources.

Why do people buy those big foot tabloids at the check out line?

At least this site is relative to their vocation whereas the Clinton's being reptilians may not affect them quite yet until aliens land on their block.

Bob11B

Interesting topic....I had a very close week with dogs, everyone always says that their dog won't bite, yea ok.

2 weeks ago I got bit (barely) at a printing company I deliver to and do pickups at. A week prior they claimed the annoying small dog just wanted to be pet...then it bit me when I was doing a pickup but barely broke the skin. Being a newer driver, wasn't sure what to do but now I know after talking it over with other drivers. Then, this week:

1. Knocked on a door and left the package, walked off... Dog barks and I continue to walk fast and dog comes in the street and went after another guy and he pepper sprayed the dog (kudos) I leave.

2. A very small gated apartment complex of like 8 residences. A lady was in the yard with her two dogs and she said they won't bite (yea, ok) well they tried to attack me but she held the aggressive one back.

3. I deliver two large packages to a business and announce UPS (small business, interior designer) a dog come darting down he stairs and I'm standing there with my DIAD, already had put the two large packages down so I raised my foot to block my legs with the rubber boots I had on (we were flooded yesterday) and this bitch comes down the stairs and says don't ever kick my dog and picks up the :censored2: dog. First off, I will kick the :censored2: out of your dog when he is barking, growling and charging at me. Second off, how dumb can you be? No apology? Only a matter of time until a lawsuit happens.

This thread opens my eyes of what to do in the future, I try not to put myself in these positions but sometimes hey are unavoidable due to people being too dumb and irresponsible to care for their pets. It reminds me of parents of murders saying their kid couldn't have done he crime....yes, your dog will bite a complete stranger. If we get bit by a dog and decide to sue, does UPS care? Or is it more of a personal matter?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
This thread opens my eyes of what to do in the future, I try not to put myself in these positions but sometimes hey are unavoidable due to people being too dumb and irresponsible to care for their pets.

If we get bit by a dog and decide to sue, does UPS care? Or is it more of a personal matter?

The first thing is to get away from the animal to a place that's safe and off property. Call the police so that documentation is initiated via a law enforcement response and the completion of a written police report.

Notify the management team by DIAD and telephonic. This also establishes documentation if the need for it arises in the future.

Get medical attention AS SOON AS REASONABLY POSSIBLE (like immediately). If its bad request an ambulance while asking for an officer. Bacteria can enter the blood stream quickly and time is of the essence to contain or treat exposure to any pathogen or infection, or damage to the tissues, muscles, nerves, and vessels underneath the skin.

Litigation is a purely personal choice. Would I sue if the dog was roaming free in the yard or got loose and bit? Absolutely. Would I sue if I was somewhere and the dog was leashed and I reached out to touch it or made a move towards the handler and got bit? Probably not.

Make damn sure you also file proper paperwork with workmans comp to cover your ass in case sometime in the future that dog bite develops complications.

Bob11B

Just remember that you filed that suit the next time you wine about frivolous lawsuits and how they end up costing everyone.
I agree but getting bit by a dog is much more of a reason to sue then someone who drops a watermelon in wal mart or spills their McDonalds coffee on themselves.

bbsam

Staff member
I agree but getting bit by a dog is much more of a reason to sue then someone who drops a watermelon in wal mart or spills their McDonalds coffee on themselves.
It’s all frivolous. People are looking to get paid. Insurance companies pay and then get reimbursed from the rest of us.