"Was load quality acceptable?"

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I always put yes on everything. Then In comments if I'm in a bad mood I'll tell my on road something like " Hey %#@& some hooker said to tell you she has herpes".

pkgdriver

They usually see the comments when you use the scan misload option in the communications menu. Just had a smile from the preload manager Thursday on one misload comment.

Undertow

I actually talk nicely to my Preloaders and I ask their name whenever I get a new one. A little cash tip at Christmas pays off many times over also. The one I have now points out certain boxes that she couldn't fit into the right place, I'll pull the PAL label off and stick to my dash to remind me of where they are.
That's often the best long term play to make. Problem is if you help turn a loader into a terrific one that takes pride in his/her work to the point where there are no misleads, the management ends up penalizing both the drivers and the loader by moving him/her to load for weaker or seasonal drivers they are afraid will quit if left with the typical garbage. The only time I've seen the same loader for 5 consecutive days since Thanksgiving is if he/she is worthless.

Bobcat32

My pen is training area for preloaders.
We have multiple rookies load our cars everyday. If they are any good, they get sent somewhere else. I was showing a rookie the other day the load chart and where to look for bulk stops and number of pieces. Supervisor radioed center manager up to the pen to reprimand me for talking to the loader.

WTFm8

Loose load, :censored2: fell just from pot holes around building after pulling out for pre-trip
C6864B25-FE40-49B1-93E9-3B77F89E1D23.jpeg

WTFm8

C9523005-4DDD-42FA-B374-D37294F90F4F.jpeg
559EAB56-4F6D-42C1-8AC9-5C50E316FABE.jpeg

Before (after 2 bulks) vs 50min later organizing on the clock.

Got a message in DIAD asking if I was on lunch... nope, poor load quality. Took a video of load quality and messaged building manager.

Nothing changes, constant harassment of drivers for slow package selection time and over-allowed.

Indecisi0n

I hate the sound of an entire shelf falling to the center of the truck after one bump. A lot of the time it's just from the truck unevenly going over a bump, but your pic looks like it was an extremely loose load.
Use to drive me insane . My loader was useless even though I tried explaining to him 100 times how to lip load packages . I would purposely go over bumps and ramps so slow as to try and not dump a shelf but the truck would always find a way to flex and BOOM! What made it even better was when it was a front shelf and the package would jam the bulk head door. Oh man I dont miss those days at all .

BiggieBrown

Loose load, :censored2: fell just from pot holes around building after pulling out for pre-trip View attachment 237407

lmao this is what you babies are whining about? A handful of 5 pounders that fell on the floor? Wow I hope you didn't break a nail straightening that up.
Feel free to join me in the trailer on sort tonight when you get back, we'll be stacking our nightly 200 70 lb cigarette boxes from the local plant, amongst other goodies, for $10 an hour. High and tight.

Last edited:

WTFm8

lmao this is what you babies are whining about? A handful of 5 pounders that fell on the floor? Wow I hope you didn't break a nail straightening that up.
Feel free to join me in the trailer on sort tonight when you get back, we'll be stacking our nightly 200 70 lb cigarette boxes from the local plant, amongst other goodies, for $10 an hour. High and tight.

If only the :censored2: on the shelves was in order... cause it’s not. Idiots don’t write HIN or restick PAL so they estimate location for packages then just cram any small behind larger packages to make it ‘look’ good.

Also, nice try. I frequently help local-sort, if short staffed, to prevent supervisors from working.

oldngray

nowhere special
Most preloaders receive little training. And the PT sups barely know how to load either. Not enough to teach new hires anyway. If you mention lip loading you just get a blank stare because they have never heard of it. Or mention if the sequence number has an X its supposed to be loaded high to low instead of low to high. Which would only matter if they loaded stop for stop instead of just section loading.